Hots group

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
is there a hots group on here? Just bassically talks about hots(venomous snakes) maybe share exp ect.?

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That's probably covered here ;)

I keep 2.1 albino crotalus atrox myself and would love to branch out into some of the smaller elapids but I live in California :(

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
Nice i to have 1.0 c.atrox , im working on over to keeping some of the more tropical species, wanting to get an eyelash a few others, would love to find c.tzabcen but no prevail so far

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i have a friend that got tagged by an eyelash, responded well to treatment though =D

those central american hots are pretty cool but if i was going to get an arboreal i think i'd go for a waglers or an african bush viper.

are you in a freer state than me? we can only have native hots... oh, and beaded lizards of which i have 4 =P

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
Im in sc right now were having problems with the govenor try to pass a bunch of laws because he fears the florida python insident happening here, i dont keep the big retics or burms but the law goes for all excotic animals including inverts. But i think its not going to pass weve been sending letters and what not,

I like the eyelash because there similar in care to the T. Wagleri my roomate has a gorgeous cb female, But i dont wanna be a copy cat ;) plus i like the eyelash vipers more with there protruding supaocluar scale i think it gives more character, similar reason as to why i like almost all crotalids almost have the "mean face" look.

O you lucky turd, i like beaded lizards but i gotta say i would pass one up for a purrty retic gila monster

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's stupid hard to get a gila permit in Cali, fortunately I like beadeds better :D

Check out the African bush viper, it looks like a scifi alien monster.

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
It's stupid hard to get a gila permit in Cali, fortunately I like beadeds better :D

Check out the African bush viper, it looks like a scifi alien monster.
Yeah i always liked the arthimis but ive heard there really just one of those sp that die at the drop of a hat.

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I hadn't heard that, they're cool looking though :)

I'd also be interested in a cerastes cerastes if I could. I think I'll have to do some native collection in SoCal this year, crotalus cerastes is pretty cool too.

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
I hadn't heard that, they're cool looking though :)

I'd also be interested in a cerastes cerastes if I could. I think I'll have to do some native collection in SoCal this year, crotalus cerastes is pretty cool too.
O yeah c.cerastes is on my list, also c.ruber, but id really like a red atrox looks the same as c.ruber but has the attitude

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Crotalus cerastes are also very nice little rattlers. I had a pair once, lovely little buzzers that vomit their when you actually give them some water!

Crotalus oreganus are nice rattlers that stay on the small side as well. I caught a greenish colored male on the WA/ID state line, when I was living in the States. He was very pretty.

Another beautiful snake that is accessible to you Yankees is Acanthophis laevis, The Smooth Scaled PNG Death Adder. The CB or LTC are very well behaved and the red color form is amazing. I kinda miss the pair I had back in US.

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Unfortunately Cali is native only :(

I find oreganus on a fairly regular basis, their attitude varies for me. I had a little crotalus cerastes but it passed:(

TexasTreeViper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah i always liked the arthimis but ive heard there really just one of those sp that die at the drop of a hat.
Atheris is a genus, not a species.

With that said, some species of Atheris are extremely delicate while others are really rather hardy. The two main species readily available on the market, chlorechis & squamigera, both make hardy captives assuming you start off with quality CB stock.