My first Venomous Broad Banded Copperhead.

andy375hh

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just got this little guy/girl tonight its a Broad Banded Copperhead Agkistrodon contortrix laticinctus. Its quite a beautiful little snake. Right now its in a 55 gallon long temporarily till I get its custom enclosure done. Yes I do know the risks of having a venomous snake. I have been doing as much research as possible on keeping venomous snakes also. So getting him wasnt just a spur of the moment thing. Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
haha that was my first hot, hes a little pissy huh? (almost all a.controix are)

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Very nice choice to start with for Americans as antivenom is readily available.

As for keeping venomous snakes;

-I hope you are not a kid.
-I hope you have done your research.
-I hope you have had a lot of experience with "defensive" snakes.
-I hope you had a knowledgable mentor.

Aside from these, welcome to one of the most dangerous hobbies that exist. Have fun!

Oh just to state the obvious, please don't get bit. From personal experience, I can tell you that getting bit by a viper sucks!

andy375hh

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He is quite a pissy one lol. Naja Keeper I wish I was still a kid but Im 36, done my research, and yes I have had a lot of experience with defensive snakes as well as agressive ones. I definently am not taking any chances with him, I dont even take chances with my hot scorpions or my pokies. I hope I can get a few pics of him feeding, after he aclimates for a few days.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
He is quite a pissy one lol. Naja Keeper I wish I was still a kid but Im 36, done my research, and yes I have had a lot of experience with defensive snakes as well as agressive ones. I definently am not taking any chances with him, I dont even take chances with my hot scorpions or my pokies. I hope I can get a few pics of him feeding, after he aclimates for a few days.
Wonderful to hear another responsible hobbyist joined our ranks. Have fun and post a lot of pics/vids.