Concentric Diamondback Terrapin (pics)

stingray

Arachnobaron
Here is my very snow white male CDT. I have had him since he was the size of a quarter. He is very people friendly, not camera shy, and will eat out of your hand. IMO...he is one of mothers nature works of art.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
BEAUTIFUL! I have 2 Diamondback Terrapins, but not this awesome white color. My female is 3 years old now and just as friendly as you described yours. I've had her since she was quarter size. I just got another one 3 months that is quarter size, hoping it turns out to be a male. There is nothing more cute then a tiny tiny turtle ( or terrapin ) the size of a quarter!

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
are they naturualy so white or is it selective breeding? that is one stunning turtle. *begins to do research*

stingray

Arachnobaron
They are all white skin. Some are off white, some pale white, and some intense white like this one. This one turned out to be very intense white. But the black zebra markings the way they are situated is what really sets his looks off to me.

One thing with these guys is they love to eat thawed shrimp krill. You can get it in the frozen section at petco or petsmart. It really enhances, highlights, and just makes there coloration pop!

I still got pics of it when I first got it. It looks NOTHING like it does now. If you seen the pic you would most likely say no way thats not the same terrapin.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are all white skin. Some are off white, some pale white, and some intense white like this one. This one turned out to be very intense white. But the black zebra markings the way they are situated is what really sets his looks off to me.

One thing with these guys is they love to eat thawed shrimp krill. You can get it in the frozen section at petco or petsmart. It really enhances, highlights, and just makes there coloration pop!

I still got pics of it when I first got it. It looks NOTHING like it does now. If you seen the pic you would most likely say no way thats not the same terrapin.
Post the pics i'd love to see them! Where did you buy him from? I've been looking at breeders, and I've been able to find Ornate Terrapins, and other subspecies, but no one seems to have the CDT.

ScarecrowGirl

Arachnosquire
Wow, I've never really had a thing for turtles, but that's something else, absolutely stunning.

Entomancer

Arachnobaron
Wow.

Words do not do him justice.

Congrats on being lucky to own such a fantastic animal (and a pretty nice setup, too; I wouldn't mind being his roommate if I were a turtle ).

stingray

Arachnobaron
Thanks all...I got him free a while back from a lady I was buying something else. She sent me pics and told me if I did not care she would send one along for free with what I bought. Here are the pics that she took of him when he was about a month old.

Here is a pic of him in another tub before I put him in his huge permanent tub. Like I said earlier YES it is the same terrapin.

BTW...to add to that they love to eat thawed shrimp krill, they also love to eat thawed blood worms to. Both of these are not only very nutritous for them but will enhance there coloration a great deal. These two foods can be quite messy when eating not to mention they will get sucked up in the filtration easily. So I always fed this to him in a little show box tub filled half way with water. This made sure he ate all of it and it would not foul the water in its home quickly. A terrapin has to eat in water.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

BTW...to add to that they love to eat thawed shrimp krill, they also love to eat thawed blood worms to. Both of these are not only very nutritous for them but will enhance there coloration a great deal. These two foods can be quite messy when eating not to mention they will get sucked up in the filtration easily. So I always fed this to him in a little show box tub filled half way with water. This made sure he ate all of it and it would not foul the water in its home quickly. A terrapin has to eat in water.

That't what I mostly feed mine, it seems to work well because they are quite beautiful even though they are only DBTs they are still a really beautiful aquatic reptile.

stingray

Arachnobaron
Post the pics i'd love to see them! Where did you buy him from? I've been looking at breeders, and I've been able to find Ornate Terrapins, and other subspecies, but no one seems to have the CDT.
Steve Markevich of Serpents Den seems to always have concentrics for sale. He is located in pennsylvania.

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice! Thank you for sharing with us.

Wade

mikem

Arachnopeon
just wanted to jump on board and say that's a handsome little fella ya got there!