Pixie Pics...

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heres a few pics of "Karl", my 5" subadult male Giant Pixie....

stingray

Arachnobaron
Ahhhh yes giant male pixies. By far my favorite. Karl looks like a natural born killer! I had 3 giant males named Buster, Nitro, and Mr. Mojo. You can see videos of them on youtube. Just type in stingrayszoo to check them out. There shear size and there furocious appetite is what I loved about them.

OphidianDelight

Arachnoknight
Mr. Beard, your frog looks magnificent; I can't wait for mine to start putting on some mass!

Just saw some of your videos, Stingray. Nitro DOES kinda remind me of Superman, snatching those feeders out of the air!

lizardminion

Arachnolord
You should get another Pixie Frog (also known as the African Bullfrog) and name it Jeremiah. ;)

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Cool froggies...with serious 'TUDES! I got "nipped" by a juvie with a body length of about three inches once, and it hurt worse than any non-venomous snake bite I've ever had with the exception of a big adult female Emmy who nailed my hand in a feeding response. These frogs have some kick-butt teeth as adults and they can bite FAST; I'm sure most of you have already seen the latest "viral" video of an African Bullfrog trying to eat the ants in the iPad game app, "Ant Crusher", when its owner makes the mistake of reaching across in front of it to restart the game, but here's a video I found of a South African guy getting some new piercings from a really big ole' froggie-thing reminds me of a Bowfin fish with legs, since "Mudfish" will growl and do their best to put as many holes in you as they can, too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1nIpf0t_9k

pitbulllady

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What exactly does a bite feel like... ? *n00b*
Did you watch the video of the guy in South Africa getting his hand bitten by one? Those were some deep punctures, especially from the second bite. A bite from a large Boa or Python doesn't even bleed like that, except for the large arboreal Boids like Emerald Trees. I got bitten by a smallish Pixie, only about the size of a typical American Toad, and I promise you I've never had a snake bite hurt that bad! The teeth aren't just sharp, they're BIG, and there's a lot of jaw pressure. It's like a cat biting you as hard as it can. I have a high pain tolerance myself-have to live with the results of an untreated knee fracture/muscle tear plus an untreated spinal fracture from the same accident- and pretty much can ignore most snake bites, but I really do NOT ever want to be bitten by a large African Bullfrog!

pitbulllady

lizardminion

Arachnolord
Alright, thanks.
I'm hearing rumors that they're impossible to breed in captivity unless you use hormones. This true?