Jumping Spider ID

Novatsk

Arachnopeon
Hello =] I found her on the beach sand near Pt. Mugu CA Military Base, I missed her but my girlfriend spotted her.. Haven't seen them at any other beach .. They don't jump around like the others .. just backwards to avoid being caught and to eat .. they also roll off you ... lol xD

P1020574.JPG

Thanks,
Jose

Ciphor

Arachnoprince
That is going to be a tough one Jose.

I will list some possibilities, but with a jumping spider like this, please remember these are only guesses, I am by no means concluding anything.

Could be something in the genus Paraphidippus. Maybe Paraphidippus aurantius, however I'm not sure if they have been collected in CA

Could also be something in the genus Pelegrina, this one I would lean the hardest on personally. Looks a lot like the Peppered jumper - Pelegrina galathea

Last, I'd consider the genus Metaphidippus, species M. chera. Tho, like Paraphidippus, I do not believe they have been found in CA. Both are found neighboring in Arizona, so it is not a stretch.

Hope that helps a little! Maybe someone more well versed in Salticids will chime in some insight :)