Good grief... when it rains...

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Success with my chromatus sac - 806 babies made it to 2nd instar. Success with the irminia sac - at least 60 (with four or more still in hide with mom) babies at 2nd instar. My big LP female is sitting on a sac, and now my pulchripes female (Queen Titania) laid what looks to be a GINORMOUS sac last night. Watched her start the mat yesterday, and saw as I was leaving last night the silk was getting to the opaque stage.

The sac is so covered in sub I'm not sure of exact size, or anything at all. Guess I'll just wait a few days and see how she moves it around. The last pairing between her and the male, Devarna, was July of 2011. I observed successful pairing on 6-29-11. There were three attempts at pairing, the last time she lit into him and I barely got him out. He's still eating and looks gorgeous as ever.

titania_eggsac1.jpg

Fingers crossed!

Marga

OHO! She didn't like me taking a photo and is webbing up the front of the cage! LOL! Looking at her butt, it's 1/3 the size it was before she laid. *_*

Giygas

Arachnosquire
Success with my chromatus sac - 806 babies made it to 2nd instar.
My jaw hit the ground like a sack of bricks. Congratulations! Must be a very, very fertile female too. I cant wait to start breeding myself.
Good luck with the little tykes! Haha :D

HoboAustin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Haha sounds like the vial company isn't going out of business anytime soon :) That's great that your breeding all these species though. Congrats

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thats very awesome. Good luck with all those babies to come. I am still waiting on a sac from my pulchripes female. Her pairing started early november, so i have a little while longer to wait.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's what ya get for breeding sp that produce TONS of offspring ;)
Congrats!!!After reading those #'s I will stick to Tap's and Avicularia,lol...Your back has got to KILL you when you are rounding all of those up to put in vials/ship.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
That's what ya get for breeding sp that produce TONS of offspring ;)
Congrats!!!After reading those #'s I will stick to Tap's and Avicularia,lol...Your back has got to KILL you when you are rounding all of those up to put in vials/ship.
Brett, You *ain't* kidding! It took several days, with a helper prepping the vials and handing them to me as I rounded up each teensy little sling onto a spoon. We punched holes in a stack of lids. I prepped soil mix, she wrote numbers on lids. Then I rounded up baby, put it in the deli cup. Handed it off to her (my co-worker) and she put lid on, stacked in a shoebox. When I had over 400 in delis, I started selling the lots off.

I'm going to have to bring in my personal masseuse with these next lots!!! Gack! Not to mention weekly FEEDS!!!

Marga