Zombie pothos

Robotponys

Arachnoknight
Zombie pothos.jpg

This clipping was pulled off a dying pothos in an office bathroom. I plopped it in a test tube and forgot about it. Then about 2 weeks later it was found completely dried on the counter (CATS!). I put it in a safer place and left it for about 3 weeks with little hope of survival. And now it looks like that, but I pulled off the dead leaves and filled it up all the way. Crazy! I knew pothos was hardy but that is amazing! I've never kept pothos by the way.

Edit: There is one more short root at the bottom too.

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they are pretty cool that way, sometimes my monstera is like that too..

Louise E. Rothstein

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've taken a pathetic pothos sprig from a dried-up plant and immersed it-and it revived.
The detached leaf (from the same parent plant) also plumped up,but its greens are now fading.
Although the leaf and the stemtip sprig are from the same plant their reactions are absolutely opposite.
Perhaps pothos cannot be grown from leaf cuttings?

Robotponys

Arachnoknight
I watched a propogating video and it says you should cut it below those brown bumps (look like warts) and then put it in a test tube with water (or a glass). Seems to work, as can be seen in the pic. :p

SuperMommy

Arachnopeon
The brown bumps are nodes and that is where the new root grows from, they are also where new leaves come from. Each cutting needs a node or two to become new roots and at least a node above to become new leaves. Pothos are amazing hardy plants, and survive many conditions but will actually jungle out if you treat it right. Love your green thumb, keep it coming! Making plantz is AWESOME!!!