Picture of my T. Blondi spiderling

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is one of the biggest spider i'm keeping right now but it's a baby. :) it will grow bigger sooner or later :) here is a picture of it hanging out at this den :)

Attachments

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Enjoy it while it's young. They grow up so fast ;)

Joy

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah cute but it be deadly later :) I was wondering... do Blondi change their color when they get older? and just for fun.. if u have a digital camera, take a picture of your best tarantulas and post it in here :) thanks

Dasgre0g

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by Theraposa
yeah cute but it be deadly later :) I was wondering... do Blondi change their color when they get older? and just for fun.. if u have a digital camera, take a picture of your best tarantulas and post it in here :) thanks
I wouldn't say they change color quite as much as they do have various shades and " sheens " in their markings.
Sometimes they dull up a bit before a molt and then emerge brighter or even darker. I have several T blondi that are obviously the same species but look different enough to the untrained eye, I have seen what i consider attractive T blondi and some that are just plain ugly, well most of them! Good luck!

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
That looks exactly like my young goliath, they must be the same age.

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
awesome King_Looey! How much did u got it for? I got it for $50, a little bit expensive :( I hope mine will be a female :)

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
I got mine for £30. which is pretty expensive, but im glad i paid it. He molted last week, read through one of my old posts here to read about it. It shouldnt be hard to find.

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by King_Looey
I got mine for £30. which is pretty expensive, but im glad i paid it. He molted last week, read through one of my old posts here to read about it. It shouldnt be hard to find.
so it's 2.5" big now, right? mine is about 1.5" and I'm waiting it to molt.. just taking forever :)

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
Mine was a goofy looking thing just before it molted, then his leg span nearly doubled, took me by surprise how fast these things grow.

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
heres my T.blondi. shes currently at about 7 inches. its a blurry pic, but thats an adult mouse shes munching on.;P

Attachments

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would say T. blondi does undergo a color change. When they are really young they almost look blue. It takes them until around 3.5 inches or so, i would guess, before the blue tint has totally gone and they start to turn brown instead.

Adrian

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Re: hey

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
nice pics everyone, and great video!

James
hehe thanks.. I love that video, were u surprized that Blondi took down that mouse so easily? that blondi was huge :)

lta3398

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
$50???? I just paid $100 for my 8 1/2" one! I know it is expensive, but he looked so lonely in the pet shop where I buy all my live feeder animals, and everyone was scared of him. No one wanted him, and one of the employees was gonna take him home cuz he felt sorry for the poor thing. I took one look at him and I just couldn't leave him at the mercy of all those people who were standing there gawking at him like he was a freakshow! And if he moved, they either jumped or screamed or both! And of course, I got the "you're BUYING that thing?" routine all the way to the register. But I'm glad I did. He is well loved and totally awesome!

Cigarman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cant download the 30mb version, getting a 430 Forbidden. Sup with that?? :?