PDA

View Full Version : How many large crickets ....



sansoucie
04-30-2004, 12:21 PM
How many large crickets can a P. Murinus fit in it's mouth??? LOL! She hadn't eaten for quite a while after her molt and I just threw in about 5 lg crickets. SHe started running around like a mental patient scooping them up and now is in the corner with ALL of them in her mouth while her booty is busy making a web. This has to be the most spectacular feeder of all T's. :D

xanadu1015
04-30-2004, 12:27 PM
Wow! That has got to be sight to behold....


Think she would eat them one at a time or all at once



Laura

sansoucie
04-30-2004, 12:30 PM
You'd think, but each time one came close she grabbed it! Must have been VERY hungry after not eating for so long after the molt.

Keith Richard
04-30-2004, 12:49 PM
Here's a picture of my Chaco chowing down on 4 large crickets. This was her last meal prior to going into "hybernation"

sansoucie
04-30-2004, 12:55 PM
Mine better NOT hibernate cause I will wake it's butt up. :) I LOVE watching them all do their thing.

T_DORKUS
04-30-2004, 02:14 PM
Mine better NOT hibernate cause I will wake it's butt up. :) I LOVE watching them all do their thing.

Better keep that venom extraction kit handy. ;P

Seriously, anyone ever used one of those syringe-suction venom extraction kits(the one that comes in the yellow plastic box with different sized suction cups) that's sold at REI. Just curious if it'll work in removing T venom or is it just one of those useless gimmick devices.

sansoucie
04-30-2004, 02:19 PM
I dunno if it's even needed for bites, I mean I didn't have that hard of a time with an Indian Ornamental bit in the face... Prolly just a gimick cause if you ARE allergic to the venom, you can get an epipen from your doc.

I used to be a serious outdoor person and we had one of those syringe extraction kits only because copperheads and rattlers are so plentiful here. Anyway, the only thing we used it for was taking off the cup part and used it as a water gun :)

T_DORKUS
04-30-2004, 02:39 PM
I dunno if it's even needed for bites, I mean I didn't have that hard of a time with an Indian Ornamental bit in the face... Prolly just a gimick cause if you ARE allergic to the venom, you can get an epipen from your doc.

I used to be a serious outdoor person and we had one of those syringe extraction kits only because copperheads and rattlers are so plentiful here. Anyway, the only thing we used it for was taking off the cup part and used it as a water gun :)

I've never had to remove any venom but I did use it to alleviate mosquito bites that would itch for days.

sansoucie
04-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Ol OBT baby has just gotten 2 more med crickets.. I ran out of larges :)


I have been lucky, I am not allergic to any critter venom nor poison ivy or any plant allergies. Mosquito bites are rare for me and if I do get them they don't really itch like I have heard people describe. Maybe I stink.....

Jeri
04-30-2004, 03:43 PM
I've heard that imbibing large quantities of alcohol discourages mosquitos from biting.

Jeri

sansoucie
04-30-2004, 03:46 PM
ROFL!! I don't drink :) I will add some kahlua or cask and creme to coffee, but "injun blood dont-um like-um no fire water". It makes me CRAAAAZY, so I don't drink. :)