Your First Tarantula...

SpiderJoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi everybody,

I've read a lot of threads concerning choosing your first Tarantula.My first Tarantula was an Avicularia Avicularia, which sadly died a while ago. Then came my Grammostola Rosea, then followed by Brachypelma Vagans, which costed about €40-, , but I got for free with a deal on two big tanks...
Then followed my Phormictopus Cancerides...The people in my local pet store told my aunt when she was visiting the store that they had a spider and they didn't know what to do with her. So my aunt contacted me, and I went as fast as I can, and took her home, 'cause I'm a real spidermaniac. The spider was brought to the store by someone who did not want to take care of her because she found her to be to agressive. I'm really happy with her. :)

Now is my question what was your first tarantula?

Greetz
Joey

morda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My first was Brachypelma albopilosum spiderling.

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My first tarantula is Hagrid, my Rosehair tarantula. :p Most likely a female too. Got her back in March.

DracosBana

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I haven't gotten one yet, but I'm thinking it's gonna be A. versicolor. I'm thinking about getting a couple of slings, this way I'm pretty sure I'll get a female.

inked

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my first was a Selenocosmia stirlingi i think (unconfirmed as a stirlingi) ...
however this is an old world T that many recommend not to get as a first tarantula, but unfortunately theres not many options here in Australia and at the time it was whatever i could find...

Gene

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
G. Rosea just a few days ago.

I am really enjoying having him/her around.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My first was a Greenbottle Blue which I still have.

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
two avic. avic and a week ago i got a new T i think its a chaco gold knee in pre molt, but it looks kinda like A. Semmanni

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My first was my little girl's "Pink toe", a black Avic of some kind. He had his ultimate molt and died later. So I bought a large "Red leg" which was actually an old B. smithi female for her.

Sharon

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
my very first T way back in 1991 was G. rosea, named "Harry" he was a mature male when i bought him in a pet shop ( I didnt know any better back then) he was a very good, friendly spider, only had him for 6 months. then afterwards i got soo busy with college and stuff and started collecting again this year which i first bought a Cobalt blue, and now currently I have 17 T's.

Didymus

Arachnopeon
My first and only T (for the moment) is a 2cm Brachypelma ruhnaui spiderling :)

Matt

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My first one was a Brachypelma emilia, then a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens and finally a P. regalis

cya

Malkavian

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My first were a G.pulchra and B.vagans sling (got the vagans as a freeb w/ the pulchra) The vagans died but the pulchra is still goin strong and bout to go into its third premolt since i've had it

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I started out with three. A P. murinus sling, which is now an adult female, a juv. B. albapolisum(spelling?) which grew quickly into an adult male and then passed away after 5 months as an adult, and a C. crawshayi sling that escaped the night I got it, never to be seen again. Now I have over 30! (12 of which are L. parahybana slings).

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Like many, my first was an adult G. rosea. I purchased her in a pet store in 1992. Twelve years later, she is alive and well! She has not molted in more than two years, however, so I'm a little nervous about the next one when it happens.

Wade

priZZ

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Spelling: Brachypelma albopilosum

My first spider was a subadult female: Br. auratum. A lovely one.