Where's all the T's in New York? Throw your hands up!

NYbirdEater

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anyone from NY post your T's here and where you got them from (NY or not). Westchester leaves a lot to be desired to say the least when it comes to T's, G rosea and pinktoes are all I can find. The ban in NYC doesn't help. Anyone know of good petstores, maybe small little place no one knows of upstate? PM me if it's a place in Gotham :D

G rosea - Petco, yonkers NY
G rosea - Petland, scarsdale NY
Avic avic - Petland, scarsdale NY

T blondi - botar
P cambridgei - botar
L parahybana - spiderworld
C Cyaneopubescens - golden phoenix

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There is a Petco in between N.syracuse and Fulton, up above the S. airport
that has had different ones, even curly hairs and red knees, but probably nothing you are looking for. Its maybe near Phoenix, NY in a shopping center.

Sharon

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i was just up in Oswego, they had a few Ts in their pet stores. A PZB and A seemanni. i had to drive thru fulton to get to Oswego, and it looked like a dump.
B. smithi - Art Cerda
G. aureostriata - Art
C. fasciatum - Art
L. parahybana - Art
Pterinochilus sp. (dead) - Art
[H. spadix - Art]
[2 H. spinifer - Art]
[White spotted and red spotted assassins - Art]
A. seemanni - Vince @ regal (ny expo)
L. cristata - Tommy (ny expo)
A. moderatum - Tommy (ny expo)
B. smithi - a friend in the city looking to get rid of a few pets
C. cyaneopubescens - same friend as above

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I live in Dunkirk (45 min south of buffalo) i have 4 T's
2 Avic. Avic. got them from Just Pets RT5 & 20 irving, NY
1 A. Semmanni got it from pet store in dunkirk, NY
1 Avic Versicolor got it from www.southernspiderworks.com
(had a B. vagan sling but he escaped i dont think he'll survive)]

EDIT: i now have 8 t's
A. Seemanni local pet shop
2- Avic avic local pet shop
B. smithi local shop
G. rosea Buffalo
H. lividium Shop in Irving, NY
T. blondi Irving, NY
A. Versicolor Southern spider works

Last edited:

DracosBana

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't have any yet. But by the end of the summer I'll have a couple Versi's. I plan on mail ordering them.

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Well there is always the always excellent MegaPet in Plainview. The reptile/tarantula section is run by fellow AP member Philth (aka Tom) and they have a very good selection of Ts. Stop by there on your way home from Jones Beach one day.

Also, you do know about this: NY Metro Reptile Expo...right?

Jeff

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
jcohen9999 said:
Well there is always the always excellent MegaPet in Plainview. The reptile/tarantula section is run by fellow AP member Philth (aka Tom) and they have a very good selection of Ts. Stop by there on your way home from Jones Beach one day.

Also, you do know about this: NY Metro Reptile Expo...right?

Jeff
is that the same Tom who has the largest selection at the ny expo's? if so, i need to PM him and ask him what he's bringing to the show....looking for an A.purpurea

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
@Chuck...Nope. That's Tommy of Eight Legs Plus that you are thinking of. His phone number is on the August page of the AP calendar.

Jeff

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
jcohen9999 said:
@Chuck...Nope. That's Tommy of Eight Legs Plus that you are thinking of. His phone number is on the August page of the AP calendar.

Jeff
clever man! trying to get me to buy a calendar. ;P

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
You can pm these two!
Longbord1 is in Long Island.
xXStormswebXx is in the Bronx.

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
MizM said:
You can pm these two!
Longbord1 is in Long Island.
xXStormswebXx is in the Bronx.

Storm is a cool kid, got lost trying to drive up to his place tho and then to the reptile expo.

NYbirdEater

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm back

Sorry guys, was working in the city all day, thanks for replying. Did get a raise though! {D

thanks MizM. Bronx is about 5 minutes from me. :D I'll PM them

Hey Chuck, the easiest way to get to the show is to leave your car behind and hop on the Harlem Line Metro North Train. It stops in white plains a few blocks from the county center. You can actually see the county center from the train tracks. Just go to grand central and you should be able to find a train, get one early so you don;t get there when all the good pickins are gone!

Jcohen9999, I know of the show, but it only comes around every 3 months, and for any T addict, and a "fix" once every 3 months is not good enough :D Actually I just would like to find a place that keeps them on hand, thanks for the LI info.

sanguinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Avic Avic-Tri-State Pets, Montague, NJ
Avic Versi-Reptile Expo, White Plains, NY
Aphonopelma Bicoloratum- See above
Avic Metallica- Hamburg Reptile Show, Hamburg,PA
Gram. Rosea- Walden Animal Deli, Walden, NY
Gram. Rosea- Some Old Lady down the Road

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
NYbirdEater said:
Hey Chuck, the easiest way to get to the show is to leave your car behind and hop on the Harlem Line Metro North Train. It stops in white plains a few blocks from the county center. You can actually see the county center from the train tracks. Just go to grand central and you should be able to find a train, get one early so you don;t get there when all the good pickins are gone!

yea, i've taken the train b4, it's $12 round trip plus $8 to get in, and thats equal to some dealers charge for shipping. plus, i wasnt the one driving, and i didnt have to chip in for gas. :)

NYbirdEater

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
chuck said:
yea, i've taken the train b4, it's $12 round trip plus $8 to get in, and thats equal to some dealers charge for shipping. plus, i wasnt the one driving, and i didnt have to chip in for gas. :)
That's only 20 bucks :? that broke huh. It is nice to get chauffeured around anyway. I think it's worth it anyway. When you order from dealers you can't see what the T looks like, and how active it is. the crappy pictures on the web don't do T's justice and they are not even of the ones for sale.

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Caution folks...

when you mention T's and NY in the same sentence. I know for a fact that Fish & Wildlife reads these boards.

NYbirdEater

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scylla said:
when you mention T's and NY in the same sentence. I know for a fact that Fish & Wildlife reads these boards.
T's are legal where I live. They sell them here.

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
NYbirdEater said:
That's only 20 bucks :? that broke huh. It is nice to get chauffeured around anyway. I think it's worth it anyway. When you order from dealers you can't see what the T looks like, and how active it is. the crappy pictures on the web don't do T's justice and they are not even of the ones for sale.

i go b/c i love seeing all the Ts. but i trust my man Art to hook me up with a healthy T and not one with only 3 legs.

@ kathy - yea, you :} NARC

NYbirdEater

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
chuck said:
i go b/c i love seeing all the Ts. but i trust my man Art to hook me up with a healthy T and not one with only 3 legs.

@ kathy - yea, you :} NARC
I never got one with less legs from a dealer and I never got to see a bunch of different species up close. I think picking one out will be more fun. How do they keep them so the light doesn't bother them?

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Well there is always the always excellent MegaPet in Plainview. The reptile/tarantula section is run by fellow AP member Philth (aka Tom) and they have a very good selection of Ts
Hey thanks Jeff, help yourself to some P. cancerides slings next time your in my store. ;) .
The store I work for currently has about 30-40 spieces, with more coming this week. With out sounding like a cheesy TV commercial you can see some pics of the store here and a review here
Anyways, i would like to meet anybody from the boards, so if any NY'ers are on the long island, stop in and say hello. :)