Hi all, new here

SCtarantulas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey people, I'm new to tarantulas in fact I got my first one today. Its a G. Rosea! Just thought I would say hi and show your my first tarantula. :)

Enjoy,
Steve

Last edited:

Spydra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Welcome to the boards Steve, nice picture of your rosie.

Renee

SCtarantulas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Spydra,
Thanx, I was wondering if using peat for the substrate was okay because my rosea seems to be standing on top of her cork bark more than on the peat! should I change the substrate?

Regards,
Steve

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Welcome

Hi Steve,

And welcome to the Arachnoboards. I'm sure you'll love this place as much as I do. Tons and tons of information, pictures, and great people.

Unfortunately I can't see the pics of your Rose (could be my PC though), but my first T was a Chilean Rose as well. I'm up to 4 now - it's become quite addictive. :D

Perhaps your peatmoss is too wet for your Rose? Or even slightyly moist? My Rosea despises any kind of moisture and she was climbing the walls of her enclosure until it dried out completely.

Great to have you.

---
Wendy
---

Spydra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I keep my peat very dry & both my T's are very happy. At first, I had it too wet and she would not even come off the top of her lid, once it dryed out quite a bit it was much better.

Renee

Arachnoking

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Welcome to the boards mate. Have fun. this place is very informative and any questions no matter how silly you might think they are , please ask {D

SCtarantulas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh ok thanx a lot Wendy, I was misting the peat to get it some humidity going! I will let it dry out then just mist the walls.

Thanx again,
Steve

SCtarantulas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanx archnoking,
Its good to have a warm welcome :)

Thanx again,
Steve

leiurus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Welcome!
If you have any question, just ask! We'll be glad to answer.
Dom

SCtarantulas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cheers Dom,

I do have a question actually on handling, How do I do it? I mean how should I pick my Rosea up and put her back down without hurting her?

thanx again everyone,
Steve

leiurus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First, why do you wanna to handle her?
This is very stressful for the tarantula...
You can put your hand in the front of her and touch gently its abdomen.
Then, she'll walk on your hand but don't drop her, because she'll burst!
Dom

SCtarantulas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I want to handle her because shes a docile sp. so it will be easier than say holding a T. Blondi lol and it will be a good exprience for me. I will always be very careful when handling any of my animals because I only want the best for them.

Cheers dom,
Steve

jayco_heat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Welcome Sc.....I think you will like it here. there are realy helpfull people on the boards. I can say that 80% of my tarantula knowledge has come from the
boards, or from some liturature that someone on the boards has pointed me to.....Welome :) :)

SCtarantulas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cheers Jayco, I've looked at some of the posts and it all seems like good stuff I can learn from.

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Welcome to the boards Steve and to the wonderfully addictive hobby you've chosen. This place is great for meeting fellow enthusiasts and learning volumes of helpful info. Laters :cool:

SCtarantulas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wayne your sig rocks! Roadhouse Blues by the Doors!
Off the topic...sorry