what!!!? no cricketts!!!!

jayco_heat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well I came home from a bizzness/pleasure trip, and the first thing i do after leaving the airport is head over to "Petsmo";..lol. for some nice large crix for my t's. Now mind you, this was yesturday. and the pet geek in reptiles say
"oh we wont have any crix till tommorrow, no-one has them"....o.k.
Its only been 4-5 days and Leonard Little, and Torry Holt will be o.k till i finish this thread and head back over ther,to grab them some crix.

But, I went to a "Petshmart"..;)..lol And those Nemrods didnt have any eather.
Im located in St.louis and wanted to know if this is a nation wide freeze, that pops up at predictable intervals through out the year. or is my cities crickett shippment just a day late...as of yesturday? :?

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
when i go to Pet Land Discounts looking for crix, if one store doesnt have them, none of them do. i know all the stores around me have the same delivery date to replenish their supplies. it just seems odd that 3 stores can run out of so many crix.

Bark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had this experience too. I thought the stores were set up so that they would have an almost unlimited supply (IE crix getting it on). The one store even has a well made sign that is displayed on the front window when they are out of crickets. Perhaps neon signs are to follow....

Bastards ran out of meal worms too!

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you would think petshops that sell crix would get smart and breed them to some point, if only to save a few bucks... :?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Check some of your local bait stores. If the pet shop in town is out I can usually find them at the bait shops.

blckwidow75

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I too am having this same exact problem! Petsmart told me they had to downsize on their order b/c they were having too many cricket deaths :? If they ordered more they would obviously SELL them since they are always out of the ones they DO order! Sometimes Petco will have them when Petsmart is out, but the crickets at Petco are really nasty looking and smelly - - not to mention I have to wait 20 mins to track someone down to finally get them for me! Right now I have a couple T's that are hungry and I've gone to 4 different stores in the past 3 days. Hey at least I'm not alone! Thanks for letting me vent about this. It's very frustrating! :mad:

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
petsmart/crickets

I used to work for petsmart (Aquatics MGR). If its hot where you live they won't ship out until the temps go below 80d

Later

Hairy

Bark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
blckwidow75 said:
not to mention I have to wait 20 mins to track someone down to finally get them for me!
I just get them myself (unless of course the hot aquagirl is there). If they see you getting your own, it prompts them to come help you. Also, if you go to a specific store enough the people get to know you and you can do whatever you want. Just remember to put the little sticky tag on the bag with the number of crix.

Hairyspider said:
I used to work for petsmart (Aquatics MGR). If its hot where you live they won't ship out until the temps go below 80d

Later

Hairy
So no more crix for the rest of the summer????? I think it has slipped below 80F twice in the last month.... and not by more that 3 degrees. How do people in the South get crix?

spidergoddess

spidergoddess
Old Timer
Breeding crickets is a royal pain. Much easier to just buy them for resale.

oogieboogie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pheonixx said:
you would think petshops that sell crix would get smart and breed them to some point, if only to save a few bucks... :?
It would cost them more money to breed them then to buy them. Just think labor costs. O)

I as a consumer can get a thousand crickets for $13 or so from my local store.