Tarantula by Train

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm traveling by train and bringing my A.Semmani with me. Is it ok to use the tarantula shipping method in the packing your bug sticky? Should I put holes in the backage and container so the T can breath? It's going to be a 2 1/2 day train ride.

I trust bringing it with me more than I trust shipping it in the mail. And there is no one at my place to recieve it anyway.

Any advice and pointers will be welcome. BTW there are no regulations against this, and they don't check whats on your luggage. I will be bringing the T as a carry on so It doesnt get "shaken" up

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
Be careful as I hear that they may charge by the leg when it comes to spiders! ;P {D

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
how long is the train ride? when i go to the pet show i take the train, and the Ts aren't packed as if they're ready to be shipped. just them in a deli cup and some vermic. i just keep the cups leveled.

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How big is the tarantula? Why are you taking it on a 2 and a 1/2 day train ride?

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
luther said:
How big is the tarantula? Why are you taking it on a 2 and a 1/2 day train ride?
Come on think about! :? If it takes 2 and a 1/2 days to get there by train just think how long it would take the poor tarantula to walk the distance! :D

Last edited:

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
Pheonixx said:
I dunno some T's are pretty quick
I get what your saying but hey over the kind of distance a train can cover in 2 and a 1/2 days, and what a tarantula can cover in 2 and a !/2 days!.Im betting on the train {D

No hare and the tortoise story would put me off this bet either! :D ;P

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
luther said:
The tarantula is about 2 inches and I bought it while visiting my folks. Im in michigan now, but I need to take it home to arizona with me. :)

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
Stick it in a deli cup with abit of moist toilet paper and I´m sure it will be ok! :)

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Do as Chris says think along the same lines as if you where posting it as it will take the same kind of knocks and bumps no doubt.