Poecilotheria formosa !!!!

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So this is what I picked up from the store today as a b-day present to myself (that is my excuse to my parents when they find out). I can't believe how lucky I was to find this pokie in a pet store. With the help of some friends, we believe it is really is a P. formosa. Here, see for yourself. What do you think? I paid $82 for it.

Does it look female? Probably can't tell, but worth a shot.

Also the pet store had another pokie, that I decided not buy as I was not sure what it was. It is defenitely not a formosa, which is what it was listed as. I am thinking P. regalis or maybe P. ornata as someone said it might be that. I can get ventral views if needed. Here's the one I didn't buy. The store said if I bought it that if I wanted to return it, that I could get store credit for it. Overall, any adult pokie for $75 other then P. regalis is a good deal, as the only pokie I have is a P. regalis.

Cool, huh?

Phalagorn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The 2:nd Pokie is not a P. regalis or P. ornata
It´s a P. fasciata...

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Your new spider certainly looks like a P.formosa. If I had to make an educated guess on the second one, I'd say P.fasciata.

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you think the second T is worth $82? I would get a ventral view, but the pet store probably won't allow me to even open the lid on the cage.

Also if you can tell, is it male or female? On both of them please.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
By the stripe I would say both female but its not 100% guranteed though. A ventral would be more accurate though :)

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here are some ventral shots. Hope this helps to identify the spider and sex.

Thanks for the help.

Any ideas?

priZZ

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Female, lips wide open! :D (perverted...)

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice. I thought the second spider looked a little too yellow for regalis. :)

Anybody care to comment on how long these things take to reach the size pictured?

My regalis (healthy eater ;) ) can fit on a quarter, more or less, at the moment, and I'm wondering how fast they will grow. Eventually I'll have to get it out of the flower-vase and put it in a larger tank of some sort.

Chris

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ummmmmmm....

I am going to go to the pet store and tell them I want ventral shots of the "P. fasciata" or I won't buy it. I think the pet store is desperate to sell it as they told me they have had it since it was a sling (1 1/2 to 2 years they said). I hope that will convince them. I mean I know what I am doing. I don't have 40 Ts for nothing and know didly squat about them or how to handle/control them. When I get my next day off I will head own there and regulate on them. ;P I want a P. fasciata, but there still is that lingering chance it is a P. regalis and I don't want another P. regalis.

Inkognito2k

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,
I am me not reliably whether it am true however...
On the abdomen a sample is in touching to see blacker is. look @ this

It´s male!
the black touch on the abdomen becomes pale with female t´s with males remains the black touch to exist.
You know what i mean?
Regards Sven