DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm going to a show in KC this weekend and I have a chance to get
A. purpurea
or
A. azuraklaasi
I've been wanting both of these for a while now but,
which one should I get??? Or should I get them both?? I might be able to get them both but something may happen that I may not be able to.
If you are the owner of either one of these Ts, please post what characteristics you like about them. Photos are good too but I'd like to have personal experiences to help me decide. It is much more informative than just reading the caresheets or set ups.
Thanks!

jesses

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Diane S said:
I'm going to a show in KC this weekend and I have a chance to get
A. purpurea
or
A. azuraklaasi
The azuraklaasi looks nicer

jesses

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
jesses said:
The azuraklaasi looks nicer
While we're on the subject, anyone know why so many species have the word klaasi in them, or are named klaasi? Is that someone's name or something?

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Personally I would go for the Avicularia purpurea as the A azuraklaasi is more than likely not an azuraklaasi also this sp is properly invalid if you do go for the azuraklaasi keep an eye out for orange hairs on the tips of the toes and back legs if it has non it is not azuraklaasi with the purpurea you cant go far wrong as they are purple lol
hope this helps

KZoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Who has them??

Hi, Diane - is this a vendor who has them, and do they have more than one of the A. purpurea?? Can you e-mail me about this - souldrum@pathwaynet.com

Thanks!!

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I have an A purpurea, and I just think she's the best. Beautiful, gentle T, with no hiding at all..she's out in the open all the time. She also has a great appetite, except for pre molt, and she's very easy going and handlable...
Of course, I'm partial to purple!

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i wish i could find an A purpurea.
get both and send me the purpurea {D

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi, Diane - is this a vendor who has them, and do they have more than one of the A. purpurea??
For those that are interested, I'm getting them from Botar. I hope he will have them at the show but if for some reason they aren't there, I'm sure I can still get them at a later time. I was just hoping to save on the shipping cost since we are making a trip to Kansas City anyhow that day. As far as the azuraklaasi not being an azuraklaasi, I trust Charles knows his Ts and I have full confidence in the fact he is a reputable dealer. :p

I really love purple too so that's why this is such a hard decision! They're both purple!

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
According to this, A. azuraklaasi is probably an invalid species. I haven't seen a picture of a confirmed A.azura myself, but from descriptions their colorations are like A.versi as slings but look more like A.Avic as adults. "Powder Blue pinktoe" huh...

I have a few A. Purpurea slings, they are not as tolerate as A.avics to their siblings. And even as slings, they make me itchy (my adult A.avics don't). When they're out they like to jump downwards also, then climb back up higher if possible.

To answer your question, I'd say purpurea!

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think I'm leaning towards the Purpurea... :rolleyes: :D
And maybe a B. pallidum, Avic. braunshaunseni, Acanthoscurria juruenicola,

ok, I'd better stop there. I don't think I can afford to get all of the above til I win the lotto (or at least get a raise). :D

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think you will be very happy with a purpurea, I have two there are very cool avics. also pallidums are also very nice, as big a fan of avics I am I would have to say you would not be missing anything if you skipped on the braunshaunseni and as for the juruenicola I don't have one so ? . Don't forget the pictures when you get them. Greg

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
valid species or not, I would go for Aviculaira sp. "azurklassi". In my eyes, it has more to offer than A. purpurea.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Diane S said:
I trust Charles knows his Ts and I have full confidence in the fact he is a reputable dealer. :p
They came to the US via a European breeder that has bred many of the rare and often mis-identified T's. If they'd come from any other source, I might be concerned. Considering the source though, I wouldn't doubt the ID... unless the species is determined to be invalid, of course.

Botar