Loss of Electricity...

sanguinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How do you handle power outages? Summers are hot here and I was wondering what the long time T owners do when the airconditioning fails.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sanguinarian said:
How do you handle power outages? Summers are hot here and I was wondering what the long time T owners do when the airconditioning fails.
how hot do it get?

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i would say that it would be a probelm expecily for the the borrowers cos the dirt would act as a insulation(im a union heat and frost insulator).

sanguinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just put all my T's in the basement. This morning just before I get up to take a shower the power goes out. I have to get ready for work and my room where I keep my T's gets very hot and stuffy without the a.c.. So the T's are now in the cellar at 24 degrees C. I don't know how much the temp will drop tonight so it looks like I will be bunking in the basement with a space heater ready. I don't think the temp will drop that much.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
24*C is the normal temp for t's i think, so they should be fine

sanguinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, I think so too, as long as the temp doesn't change much things should be ok. Thanks for posting. Clint

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd say most can handle drops down to 18C too. Mine do, anyway. They just look a little sad :) Better than cooked, anyhow.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeal my room temp drops to 15*C sometimes in the winter and my spiders do fine, as far as i can see.

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, power loss is always a worry... here in Canada it is more winter I fear...

Currently I have some special catalytic propane heaters that are not dangerous as long as you provide oxygen flow... but I may get a big generator this year...

Indeed, 38 Celcius is something to be worried about... here my spiders are in my basement, so it is always cool... you definitly need a plan...

And yes, cooler temps for short period of time will be much better then too warm...

Good luck

Martin