Live plants for cages of the Avicularia avicularia

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Pothos work great, or any type of small philodendron will work good. Ficus is also another good choice, just requires alittle more light than the pothos.

Mike

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have seen someone use a potatoe plant before, but you have to use a tall tank or something cos the plant grows 2 1/2 - 3 feet and is a nice plant.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i just bought a plant for my A. Avic that required little to no light. not sure what it was though... :? seems to be doing well though. i usually seem to kill plants fairly quickly

Alias

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
cichlidsman said:
i have seen someone use a potatoe plant before, but you have to use a tall tank or something cos the plant grows 2 1/2 - 3 feet and is a nice plant.
AFAIK green parts of potato plants are poisonous for human. not sure about crickets though.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alias said:
AFAIK green parts of potato plants are poisonous for human. not sure about crickets though.
i know its not the same but i find a lot of grasshoppers around pototo plants. a lot of people around hear grow there own pototo and i never heard this. what kink of potato are you talking about? cos there are different kinds. i would like to know more. what are AFAIK?

harwin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You might want to wait on expert opinion though... not sure if they have any anti-insect properties...

Gene

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have dabbled in Bonsai before but not with regards to Ts. In my very limited experience the Bonsai require high levels of light that may not be suitable for how you keep Ts. Most Bonsai are outdoor trees anyway due to the lighting requirements. Bonsai also require periodic pruning due to becoming root bound. Perhaps a nice silk Bonsai would be really cool and much less to maintain.

Here is a super link for Bonsai. I have visited the place & it's amazing. :cool:

Check out how much a real Bonsai costs too :eek: :eek:

Bonsai link