is hot glue toxic to a T

B.Munch

Arachnopeon
i had a close call, with my rosy getting its claw caught in the metal screen.
so im going to replace it with plexiglass with holes for air. if i use hot glue to install it, will my tarantula be in any danger. its not like im going to put it back on right away, ill let it sit to cool befor replaceing it.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've used hot glue for years with no problems, just let it set before putting the invert back in the enclosure.

SCtarantulas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would imagine that will be fine, so long as you allow time for it to set and the smell to clear because that may damage your T!

Best of luck,
Steve

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i used hot glue on some containers for some B. albopilosum slings to no ill effect.......
those slings grew like weeds though....maybe it was the hot glue that made them grow like that?? ........just kidding! (im sure it was the high temps and the power feeding that did it)

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
re hot glue

I've used/use hot glue to attach fake plants to logs gor my Avic tanks, with no problem. I agree with every body just let it set up before putting the T back in. I have even used aquarium sealent, with this you have to becarefull to let it fully harden and make sure there is no odor, since it's caustic to humans, it will deffinatly harm a T if not fully set.

Later

Hairy

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We have used hot glue on every arboreal tarantula set-up we have for water dishes.
No problems whatsoever.
Except for the fact that they tend to web over them and you have to punch a hole to pour water in...

Eric
www.e-spiderworld.com

B.Munch

Arachnopeon
thanks for the help. i just wanted to be sure befor i potentially harm my pet