Ridiculus prices

Chavalon

Arachnopeon
I went today to a petshop and i saw some t prices wich i found ridiculus, they had adults and sub adults B. smithi's at $78 dlls, Rosies at $52, they also had a H. lividum at $103, and they also had an usumbara listed at $43, i know the prices for the smithi, rosie and cobalt blue are not reasonable at all but i have no idea on the usumbara price tag.

Is it a good deal? i don't know the maturity of the specimen because i didn't found it in the display, perhaps they had it somewhere else... anyway, i'm wondering if the $43 tag is a good deal.

Somebody wants to help?

PS: sorry about my grammar :D

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Chavalon said:
I went today to a petshop and i saw some t prices wich i found ridiculus, they had adults and sub adults B. smithi's at $78 dlls, Rosies at $52, they also had a H. lividum at $103, and they also had an usumbara listed at $43, i know the prices for the smithi, rosie and cobalt blue are not reasonable at all but i have no idea on the usumbara price tag.

Is it a good deal? i don't know the maturity of the specimen because i didn't found it in the display, perhaps they had it somewhere else... anyway, i'm wondering if the $43 tag is a good deal.

Somebody wants to help?

i think that it is a good deal. i though that b.smithis were from mexico.

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
all of the above are rediculous

except for the b.smithi how big was it?

Wolvie56X

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow, i got both of my P. Murinis for $12 each and my Avic. Avic for $16

also saw a Rosie and a Zebra Beauty today for $24 and $27 and a Striped Tarantula(i think a brazilian striped knee) for $60 and their rosie was $40

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Hard to judge the value of species common in the US, but does anyone here have a clue on rarity IN Mexico.
I met a fellow from Mexico at the conference and it was my understanding you couldnt openly buy Brachy's, but they were at all the bazaars under the table for very very cheap, certainly not $78 USD.
T

oogieboogie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
bodc21 said:
all of the above are rediculous

except for the b.smithi how big was it?

Same here, everything is ridiculous except maybe the B. smithi. Thats somewhat average price and not to bad for a local petstore.

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
monantony said:
Hard to judge the value of species common in the US, but does anyone here have a clue on rarity IN Mexico.
I met a fellow from Mexico at the conference and it was my understanding you couldnt openly buy Brachy's, but they were at all the bazaars under the table for very very cheap, certainly not $78 USD.
T

Yeah Tony, Im with you. Those prices might be really cheap for him, cause we dont know what the markets like over there. Its probably alot harder to get african and asian species there, because most of the tarantula trade is exportation, not the other way around. But those prices would definatly be ridiculous if they were in a US pet store.

Sky

RedkneeUK

Arachnopeon
your the lucky ones as a adult b smithi over here in the united kingdom is(in $ after converting from £ sterling) is $100 a cobalt blue is $120 an emperor scorpion is about $45 a T blondi is gonna set you back $110.
so have alittle thought for us people being ripped off here in the uk
the snakes prices are even worse than that too.

RedkneeUK

Arachnopeon
I have visited Toronto in canada(scarbourough was the place) and whilst over there I had my eyes opened to how much cheaper it is for you guys to shop over there. My manager used to visit New York and take no clothes with him apart from those on his back and buy them all over there cos they are that much cheaper.

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi mate I dunno where your shopping but you must be buying from dealers
you can import your own tarantulas from Germany very cheaply or if you look on classifieds such as my web site or the BTS you will find tarantulas much much cheaper im a breeder from Birmingham just up the road from you and I have only ever charged top whack on very rare tarantulas that's what most breeders like myself are doing who are not money motivated sell there surplus cheaply I always sell my surplus at silly prices like 5 green bottle blue tarantula spiderlings for £20 or 3 Avicularia versicolors for a tenna! adults mate are a different matter but if you shop about you can buy them cheaply the most I have ever paid fro a goliath was £30 UK I think so mate there are cheap tarantulas in the UK you just have to shop about and don't buy the first one you see advertised!

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
RedkneeUK said:
Yes but thats because most of the one day shows here were breeders would sell direct to joe public were stopped :rolleyes:

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
RedkneeUK said:
I have visited Toronto in canada(scarbourough was the place) and whilst over there I had my eyes opened to how much cheaper it is for you guys to shop over there. My manager used to visit New York and take no clothes with him apart from those on his back and buy them all over there cos they are that much cheaper.
i don't mean to be pickey but toronto is a seperat city then scarbourough. if you never left scarbourough then you never visited toronto.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Chavalon said:

Somebody wants to help?

if you live in Mexico why cant you get a wild cought B.smithi? they are from mexico arnt they.

Chavalon

Arachnopeon
I can get smithies ( :confused: ) , rosies and emps at $12-$16 in another petshop, but those are the only t that i've seen over there.

I wish i knew where to catch Brachys here in guadalajara, i've done so, it was a B vegans that i caught while he was in search of a female i think, but the t died mysteriously :mad:, a cousin of mine yesterday told me that there are loads of t's in his ranch... that deserves some vacations :D.

Last edited:

Chavalon

Arachnopeon
cichlidsman said:
if you live in Mexico why cant you get a wild cought B.smithi? they are from mexico arnt they.
In fact i can, some friends found one but it was far from where i live, here is the picture they took:

Attachments

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
RedkneeUK said:
your the lucky ones as a adult b smithi over here in the united kingdom is(in $ after converting from £ sterling) is $100 a cobalt blue is $120 an emperor scorpion is about $45 a T blondi is gonna set you back $110.
so have alittle thought for us people being ripped off here in the uk
Consider yourself lucky on the adult B. smithi pricing.
I've seen them priced as high as $250 and even more
on some petstore websites. ;)

Wysi

mick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi,

I know here in Canada an adult Smithi can run you upto 250.00 easily. :?
Mick