Real Quick!!

jayco_heat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
o.k. as we post I am moving my Semmanni to a new and bigger inclosure, with a peat moss & rock mix ( ya know, tiny aqua rocks....FISH rocks). 10 gallon with about 9 inches of subtrate. Well to the point im posting, I noticed that on "Leonard Little's" ,....how can I say....tree bark arch thingy. ya know the burrow starter. (at least thats what I used). Well it has some green fungus on it, from my newbie A%$ spraying it when ever I spray his inclosure. Im not sure, but it seems like i've heard that fungus in a T's inclosure can lead to NEMATODES!!!! Dont know if I spelled It right, but you guys know what Im talken bout. so, should I pitch it? or power spray it of....just let me know som'n. :?

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As far as fungus goes, I have heard nothing about nematodes being spread that way.
But I would remove the piece of "tree bark archy thing", as a fungal growth would be indicative of a non-sterilized piece of wood. Which means that in addition to the fungus, there may be other life on and inside it, including mites and other parasites.
Secondly, I do not suggest misting. Misting, or over-misting, and I am not questioning your skills, can lead to conditions inside a tank that can foster parasitic invasions. They love damp substrate.
Keeping a water dish with fresh clean water is adequate enough for most tarantulas, including semmanni.

Eric
www.e-spiderworld.com

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You might like to buy a piece of cork bark to use as a shelter. It's highly resistant to fungal growth.

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I second what zombie said; no need for misting, it's only creating problems.

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
jayco_heat said:
Well it has some green fungus on it
>>odds are if it's green it's not mold or fungus but rather a moss or algae...both being harmless to your spider.I'd say algae because of the misting and light.To rid of it...cease misting.Neither can survive without moisture.