Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Great investment; you'll have to kill me to take him/her from me

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Great colours but why bother

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

B.Munch

Arachnopeon
im getting this from the second person. my cousin is in college getting his masters on study of arthropods (i dont know exactlly what its called). but i have seen his H.Lividum and he says he likes it but its to moody to be considered the best T for a pet.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Great looks and an adorable playfull attitude. What can beat it?

webspinner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If anybody has a negative vote they might as well not buy or own any old world T's, because they all have similar behaviors.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have 3, an adult that I'm wating to molt so I can determine its sex and two immatures that I've raised from slings. They are great Ts I see them all the time 'cause they're always hungry and waiting for crix. I feed them every day.

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I bought a sling at a reptile show yesterday because I wanted to watch it grow and turn blue. The one I picked is lighter colored (they had 2) and I thought maybe it could show the bluer shades when its older? The other one was almost black and had jumped out of the vial when the guy was showing it to me. I wanted to see if the slings were moving around before I bought one. I thought that one could have been hurting jumping to the floor so it made up my decision on which one to buy. How fast do the H. lividum slings grow? I wouldn't necessesarily say a H. lividum is a must have because it is disappointing that they stay down in their burrows all the time. You do have just a "pet hole". I just like them so much since they are so pretty that I have them anyway.

Sharon

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think it is a beautiful must have species, BUT, it is a pet hole. I've seen mine 3 times this year.
Rev

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My opinoin is none of the above. ;)

They are great looking, reputedly a little defensive, but I doubt that it would be enough to cause problems. The thing is that I value good temperament, and even most new world species are a little too afraid of me. :)

Doesn't mean that I don't like them, but they're not visually striking enough to keep based on looks alone, nor friendly enough to keep based on temperament. Interesting, if you like to watch them, I'm sure, but may not show themselves too often, either.

All in all, probably just not the spider for me.

I do have a P. regalis, which is one species where I think that the beauty outweighs the skittishness. (I say skittishness here, because in my experience, so far, this one isn't the least bit deffensive, but just likes to run from you.)

Chris