whos the baddest?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayco_heat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:mad: O.K. simple question. In you guys's EXPERT oppinion.
Which do you believe to be the more aggressive?
C.Ceratogryus, or C.Cristata?.....thank you. :?

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Your gonna have to rephrase to most "defensive T, on average for these species". Your always gonna get a ' MY Rosie is defensive".
T

Overmenneske

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You should get a poisonous snake.
They can be aggressive, and they can kill you.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been searching and I can't seem to find a C.cristata. What does the C stand for? Or do you mean L.cristata (Lasiodora cristata)?

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a large 5 inch female L.cristata and she is an awsome T. I would recomend one, she is not devensive....well not really...she is a great eater, pinkies, crickets, silk worms you name it...great colours and she stays out in the open a fair bit...good spider all around..

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

ddale

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Overmenneske said:
I've never heard of a poisonous snake... :D

Venomous - yes?

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Overmenneske said:
Please... a venomous snake can bite if cornered. Same with t´s. Aggressive or defensive.

/Lelle

jayco_heat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
O.K., look, my spelling is not great, I do mean the L.CRISTATA, my mistake. Look, all I want is an opinion of which 1 of these T's is the most likely to bite you. I have one of each but they are still very tiny. simple question. SHEEESHE, after all this babblen no 1 has a <edit> seriouse reply. If you dont know, or dont own 1 then dont waste time typing <edit> smart A$#$% remarks. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris V

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
David Burns said:
I've been searching and I can't seem to find a C.cristata. What does the C stand for? Or do you mean L.cristata (Lasiodora cristata)?
Once again people are trying to change the Genus from Lasiodora to Chromatopelma..

jayco_heat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Chris V said:
Once again people are trying to change the Genus from Lasiodora to Chromatopelma..
No im not trying to change anything, what the hell do I know. its an error I keep making when I think of the "L"......cristata. L.Cristata, my bad.....%$@#$

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Humm no real need for an expert opinion if push them both may bite but the new worlder is more lightly to not follow though with a real bite and kick hair as were the old world spider can only run/hide or if cornered bite.

Chris V

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Don't get offended bud, I was'nt coming down on you. You actually posted your correction just before I commented.
I was actually refering to the thread that was started a couple months ago where they ARE trying to change the genus of the species Cristata from Lasiodora to Chromatapelma.......

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I see no reason for being upset here, either of those could bite if provoked enough as with any tarantula. Temprament also varies by individual, someone could have a completely docile Ceratogyrus sp. while someone else could have a demon of a cristata.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When it come to which is more apt to bite it mostly depends on the individual spider. That being said an old world spider is probably more of a biter, just because it only defense is biting where as a new world T can flick hairs as a first defense.

The spider known in the pet trade as Lasiadora cristata has been reclassified as Nhandu chomatus.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
O.K., look, my spelling is not great, I do mean the L.CRISTATA, my mistake. Look, all I want is an opinion of which 1 of these T's is the most likely to bite you. I have one of each but they are still very tiny. simple question. SHEEESHE, after all this babblen no 1 has a f^%$* seriouse reply. If you dont know, or dont own 1 then dont waste time typing f%$^ smart A$#$% remarks.
Generally people who enjoy this hobby don't like to use the term "aggressive" when referring to their pets. It has a negative connotation which reflects back poorly on the the hobby and its enthusiasts. They were just trying to clarify that point in a way that appears to be too subtle for you. If you want help its usually best to not get angry because the repliers aren't bowing down and kissing your butt. You need to be correct and specific when asking questions otherwise people here will correct you or ask for further clarification. You may as well get used to that if you plan on being an active contributing member. There is no need to get offended or become combative. I think the replies were all serious but you didn't ask the correct question properly. If you continue to get "aggressive" when you aren't getting the info you are requesting then people will be less inclined to answer you at all in the future.

Zach33

Arachnopeon
Overmenneske said:
So you think this was a serious post eh? Some of you people need to lighten up on what members say and quit jumping to conclusions as to why a member asks a specific question. Everyone always assumes when this question pops up its because a potential buyer wants the most "aggressive" "defensive" "most apt to bite" T, which it turns out he/she was just wanting to know how high his guard should be when being around his T's. :rolleyes:

Citharischius

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Overmenneske said:
None.
I have never heard of an aggressive tarantula.
I totally agree with you .
It can only be aggressive if it has intelligence . And a spider has non . So you cant say its aggressive . A tarantula has to protect her self , and thats called Defensive !

Greets Jamy

PS sorry for my bad english

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think refusing to call your pet aggressive might be a little bit on the extreme side.

Aggressive is defined as : "Inclined to behave in an actively hostile fashion"

Now I don't have a lot of experience with Tarantulas, but I know with scorpions there are some species that will fly at your hand like a demon from hell if you put it anywhere in their enclosure. To me, that's aggressive. :) If there is a T that is likely to bite, or more likely to feel it must defend itself, then it would still be an aggressive T.

Because no matter who you talk to, getting bitten is a hostile action, whether it was done in self defense or because the T thought you were food.

So I think maybe everyone should be a little nicer with this guy and not get hung up on your own personal view on the semantics.

Status
Not open for further replies.