My Rosea's enclosure

Fullstop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I found out some things about my area. All the petstores know jack about Ts. They didn't carry hardly anything I needed or liked for the soon to be pet. Meijer however....is best for that. They had EVERYTHING.

For the Subtrate I used a mixture of about 1 part peat to 3 parts topsoil. I added about a cup of water to shape and pat it down.

For the hideaway I used a half log, I buried at a slight angle so the back is not exposed.

I dropped the water dish in the opposing corner, and clipped the screen top on.

I am second guessing myself at the depth of the subtrate...I'm thinking I may need to add a bit more...opinions?

And I know I need to clean the glass! ;P

Fullstop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pheonixx said:
have you read the G. rosea (rosehair) thread yet?
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=5292
i found it really helpful. let me know if your hide works well i did not put one in because the article said they wont use it anyways.
I read it...I copy and pasted it into one article and printed it out as well. I'm trying to get a gauge on everyone elses opinion because...hell..everyone has their own. :)

And will do on the hide! :D

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cool, i read that thread as soon as i got home today. i bought me a rosie today. 30$ for the T, the 2.5 gal tank and a piece of cork to climb on. the sold me the entire enclosure the T was in however i removed the ginormous waterdish they wanted to give me with it, the thing took up half of the enclosure.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
FullStop the tank looks great...I would add a couple more inches of substrate, the only thing that I see that needs to be addressed is the substrate is way to wet for a rosie...they like the substrate BONE dry...either than that it is perfect...good luck...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

Fullstop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mike H. said:
FullStop the tank looks great...I would add a couple more inches of substrate, the only thing that I see that needs to be addressed is the substrate is way to wet for a rosie...they like the substrate BONE dry...either than that it is perfect...good luck...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:
I'm hoping the subtrate will dry out by time I get it by tuesday. I'll add some more subtrate as well! Thanks!!

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It should dry out by then...just dont add any more water and dont mist...just leave the tank BONE dry and your rosie will have a perfect home... :D

Regards, Mike