Friend wants a T

Mad Hatter

Arachnofriend
Old Timer
I have a good friend who wants to get a T. She lives not too far from me, but her living space is not... ideal for keeping a T, she feels. Her room is on the top floor (it's like an attic) and the temperature goes back and forth between hot and cold.

Is it possible for her to have a T? Or is that just really impractical?

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't see y she can't have one if the temp get too cold in her room all she needs to do is get some additional heating applyances like a heat mat to fix to the back of the tank.

grammostola1953

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
G is Wright! {D
Also, ventilation should be considered, a fan if it's too warm in summer. I have found most Grammostolas, G. rosea in particular, to be tolerant of temp changes.

Pixie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How hot does it get in the summer in your area?

I would worry about too much heat during hot summer days in an attic. I'm pretty way up north and in summer still get days that get 90°+. I don't know what I would do without my air conditionner as I don't have a basement that's cooler.

If she has the option of moving the tarantula to another room to escape the heat on really hot days then I don't see a problem at all.

Pixie

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
As long as she is able to find some way of keeping the tempature in the cage at what it should be at, and doing what she can to keep it cool enough if its really, hot there in the summer, I see no reason why she shouldnt get one. Maybe try to find a Grammostola sp., they seem to be pretty tolerant of temp. changes.