C cyano mating desaster

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Last night I tryed mating my C cyano females with shaun evans male.

This was a pretty strange mating to begine with. The female started tapping to the male. the male started tapping back then the male went in to lift the female up she would let him then he would drumm on her abdomen then she would push him away then the whole ritual would start again. This whent on for 4 hours.

I'm not even sure the male had an insertion or not.

However after for hours the fmela edecided enouh was enough and snaged the poor little guy. Thankfully I was quick enough with my tweezers to get them apart and managed to save the male's life. However when ?I had a better look at him this morning I've noticed he's missing two legs and a pedi palp.

He should be still able to male but his chances of slipping up are greater now.

I've email the guy and told him the situation and I'm not going to place it wih the other female unless he's ok with it just incase he wants his male back etc,etc.

Anyway here are some Photo's of the poor little guy.

Second photo

I found all his missing limbs in the bottom of the fems tank.

SCtarantulas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh dude that really does suck!! Do you think the other guy will be ok with it? :(

Regards,
Steve

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
SCtarantulas said:
Oh dude that really does suck!! Do you think the other guy will be ok with it? :(

Regards,
Steve
I'm sure he'll understand it happens when breeding T's

webspinner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
SCtarantulas said:

Regards,
Steve
That is the risk you have to take to keep the sp. going.

Chris V

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that G, Im sure he will be o.k. with it. After all, nothing ventured nothing gained.

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Chris V said:
Sorry to hear that G, Im sure he will be o.k. with it. After all, nothing ventured nothing gained.
I'm sure he will be.

CIRE

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Too bad you can't just glue them back on and hope for the best... :rolleyes:

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I'll just put this down to being one of those things and consentrate and mating the other ones

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Man I'm sorry to hear that...poor little guy. At least you saved his life, that's cool!

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm glad the little guy got to have a chance at mating. I hope he has better luck next time (if he gets another chance).

Rico

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awwwwww thats too bad for the lil fella....hope he's ok....I've almost lost a leg once or twice when mating, I'm sure we have all been there????

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rico said:
Awwwwww thats too bad for the lil fella....hope he's ok....I've almost lost a leg once or twice when mating, I'm sure we have all been there????

I'm just releved it was just a couple of legs and not the whole spider

BBlack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry top hear about that Gr
It's good you got him out with atlease a few limbs left intact.

Originally Posted by Rico
Kinky! That's some pretty severe S&M going on there. I've never been there and pray to god I never am! ;)

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
BBlack said:
Sorry top hear about that Gr
It's good you got him out with atlease a few limbs left intact.

Kinky! That's some pretty severe S&M going on there. I've never been there and pray to god I never am! ;)

Yeah cheers it's just one of those things