avic purpurea care?

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
im about to get my first arboreal, an avic purpurea sling. i was just wondering, should i treat them similar to other avics? or is there something different i should know that the caresheets dont say?

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good choice Chuck.
Purpurea are my favorite Avics.
Keep them the same way you would keep Avic avic.

Just curious, where are you getting a sling from? I'de like to get some, but haven't seen any around lately.
We have a huge female, but no mature males around either...

Last edited:

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
Something you might wana know from my experience: when they're outside their enclosures, my A.purp slings like to jump downwards then climb back up somewhere else. Also they make me feel slightly itchy, unlike over avics in my keeping.

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey! I just got one today :D
It's a tiny little thing. I'm really hoping it will survive. I've had some bad luck with versicolor slings in the past but I hope my luck has changed. My 2 versicolors seem to be thriving so I'll be applying the same method to the little purpurea :D
BTW, where/who are you getting it from?

Michael.NEGRINI

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

just a pic of my fresh molted Avicularia purpurea adult female. I'm looking for an adult male to mate her ;-)

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice A.purpureas I have been looking for one for myself as well and can't find one.

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i believe Lasiodora has a thread in the classifieds advertising his slings, after a breeding loan. but i got mine from botar who got his from the person who had the female Lasiodora mated his male with. i'm probably going to get one from Lasiodora too since he close to me.