1st egg sac need some help !!

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok, my L.cristata laid an egg sac 30 days ago and tonight I pulled it...I was told she was in with a male but dont know if any insertions took place...none the less she dropped a sac and the sac is full of eggs...after 30 days should they not be eggs with legs ?? I am going to incubate them...how long should I wait to see if they hatch out ?? I am just wondering how long to wait before I dispose of the sac ??

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Regards, Mike :?

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Mike H. said:
...after 30 days should they not be eggs with legs ??
Not always. It's sort of a general rule. There's many factors that are involved, and temperature is a key one. And, as everybody should know by now, tarantulas can make an ass outta ya. Just wait it out. Maybe give it a gentle jiggle if they're in a rearing container. Also, watch the temps. Don't go too high.

Mike H. said:
I am just wondering how long to wait before I dispose of the sac ??
Wait 'til they turn a gooey, smelly, lump of decaying blob. Or rather, pick out the gooey, smelly, decaying eggs as they go bad. Looking at your pic, they look pretty good.

john

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I think I see one that is starting to sprout legs. Bottom of the picture, left of center... or possibly just those sleep deprivation hallucinations again ;)

Congrat's on the eggsac and potential little N.chromatus (was L.cristata)

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the eggs look infertile to me due to the white power coating and lack of green sheen to the eggs but I could be wrong lol

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
my L parahybana eggs looked just like yours at 30 days...they took FOREVER to sprout legs, and they also had a white powder coating on them. Definately don't give up yet!

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I figured I would wait a couple of weeks and see what happens..

Mike :confused: