Preservation of a Tarantula

Catherine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

I'd like some advice if possible of you guys,
Sadly our Chilobrachys fimbriatus had to be euthanized over the weekend, was a male, he matured at the end of January, so he had a good long life I suppose,Very sadly that horrible decision had to be made. :(

I was wondering if any one had some advice on preserving him? He was such a stunning spider and I'd like to preserve him if possible. I've read up a little about it, but if any of you have some first hand experience or advice I'd very much like to hear it. Thankyou.

LAking

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Now i'm no expert at all on this, but i know of a lady who makes black widow necklaces. She raises the widows to their final moult and then freezes them, poses them (long explaination) and puts them in a little vial filled with 91% isopropyl alcohol. This preserves the spider for years and years. Now i have no idea if this will work with T's but just thought i'd share the info. You can check out her web page at "www.mollybrenner.com". Check out the "black widow spider jewelry" section for a complete explaination of what she does. Pretty cool stuff if you ask me. Of course there are ways that you can preserve them without any kind of liquid, but i know nothing about that. hope this was at leats interesting even if it isn't at all helpful ;-)

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a friend who does shadow boxes he injects them with alcohol then he pins them in whatever pose he so desires inside a frame with a glass front the he displays them on the walls all around his house

Zoo Keeper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you go to atshq.org, click on articles online, there is an article that might interest you. It is called "Arthopod casting resin" . I hope this helps.