Spider catches snake

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Saw this one today and thought it was interesting......

LINK

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
kosh said:
Saw this one today and thought it was interesting......
I never knew that spiders have beaks and suck blood.

Chris

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Didn't a Theraphosa blondi catch and kill a Fer-de-lance snake in the Giant Spiders documentary? I thought it was pretty cool and here's most of us brits forced by law to feed dead mice or crickets to our beloved beasts yeh I know they can survive on them but its not very natural is it now?

Rourke

ArachnoProletariat
Old Timer
I saw that footage. I recall it being a parahybana?

Anyhow, the battle was probably staged, just like Jerry Springer and The Bachelor!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
RichardDegville said:
Didn't a Theraphosa blondi catch and kill a Fer-de-lance snake in the Giant Spiders documentary? I thought it was pretty cool and here's most of us brits forced by law to feed dead mice or crickets to our beloved beasts yeh I know they can survive on them but its not very natural is it now?
I saw a T blondi catch a fer-de-lance on tv. It might be the same one that you saw. It was either on Animal Planet or Nat Geographic Channel.

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
{D Spiders have BEAKS???? {D Is that what you call a "Birdspider", LMAO!

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It was a T blondi and a L parahybana in two different shows. The T blondi scene was staged. I thought the parahybana scene was more impressive- it actually hung on to the snake throughout the struggle whereas the blondi bit the snake, then retreated and waited for the venom to work.

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm a little disapointed that the story doesn't include what kind of spider it was

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah, i thought the beak thing was kinda "out-there" too.....

the last sentence of the story called the spider a "hunter" spider so i wonder if it was one of those big "huntsman" spiders if they have them in China...and hopefully Huntsmans are not "house" spiders in China!!!

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah spiders don't have beaks, they don't suck blood, and they aren't poisoness.....nice article though.....but they need to get their facts straight.

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Rick had said the fer-de-lance was staged in an artificial burrow and I think it took a bunch of tries to get the result "they" wanted".
Sky had at one point a link to a pic of a widow with a small snake in its web, so this isnt that out there. Nice sized scorps can be taken by a widow too
T

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Mattyb said:
Yeah spiders don't have beaks, they don't suck blood, and they aren't poisoness.....nice article though.....but they need to get their facts straight.
They are VENOMOUS! :D

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
**please Note Smiley At End Of Post**

jayco_heat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmmmm, could you feed a T a garter snake? Or do you think the stinky varment might repell the T? :?

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
RichardDegville said:
Yes, that poorly staged scene was the only semi-bright spot in a very disapointing video, Predators of the Wild: Giant Tarantula. They needed to drop the Shaman spirit guide of the Amazon theme that made this one of the lamest T documentaries of all time.