i need to get my lividium out for a photo shoot (suggestions?)

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i want to get her out without losing any fingers....would pouring water into it's burrow do the trick? i'm just afraid if i pour to much it will be stubborn and drown or something....

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
you might just have to dig her out a ruin her burrow. No biggie though,she'll build a new one

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My suggestion would be, go to the trouble and rehouse it. That way you know it will have to be out of its burrough. If you get him in a new container with a shallow hole, you'll get lots of pics.

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
or if your sneekey you could habe aloot in her enclosure at night and snap a few. Thats when I see mine outside there burrows other than that they are pet holes.

You could also try rehousing her as suggested but personally I wouldn't desturb on of my T's for the sake of a photo. At then end of the day it's up to you what you do.

I wouldn't pour water doen incase it's moulting or something then you will drown it.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well it just molted so i shouldn't worry about it drowning b/c of a molt...

anyways i wouldn't mess with it but i think it is a male and i need pictures for you people to sex for me b/c i'm planning on doing a breeding loan with mizm if it turns out to be a guy haha

i'll probably just dig it up tomorrow and stick it in a smaller kritter keeper and snap some pic (hopefully tomorrow)

priZZ

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The easiest way is my way...

Just flood her burrow with water. And that is it! You don't have to ruin her burrow!

Wolvie56X

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
easiest way to determine if its male or female is by the coloration, males are greyish in color and dont have the electric blue coloration... but im not sure if its 100% accurate

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I agree with prizz, but lets hope she isn;t a stubborn little SOB that won;t leave her little hole for anything!

# of tarantula drownings at burnt by the sunx house: 1 :p

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Go ahead and re-house it. When you put it in the NEW container, be sure to make holes at the bottom AND the top. See this thread for pics.
Once in HIS (I hope! :D ) new home, you can use a small b.b.q. skewer to tease HIM our from the BOTTOM instead of having to ruin the whole thing for HIM. But I'm hoping that won't be necessary, as HE'LL be coming to live in MY burrow!!! {D

And, if HE is indeed a BOY, HE won't be needing his old digs anyway... I have a romantic LOVE SHACK set up for HIM and my girl!! :D

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

take a flexible tube (e.g. fish tank equipment), insert it in the burrow till the end respectively behind the spider and than blow air through the tube (start with steady-going airblow, if this does not work do it intermittent). But pay attention that the tube is long enough that your face is not directly in front of the entrance of the burrow – otherwise you might have sitting a tarantula in your face! =;-)

Water might work too, but when disturbed (e.g. when you are trying to pick them up) they will run back in the water and dive like this Hysterocrates sp. >>click here<<
BTW, they don't drown quick: I had Haplopelma spp. staying under water for over one hour without any problems!

all the best,
Martin