4" L parahybana

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It just molted 3 days ago but distroyed any possibility of sexing it with the exuvium.

Here are some photos of the little monster but I can't seem to tell if it's male or female. The epigastric furrow is shaped like a "W" so I don't know what the heck it is :?

Any guesses as to what sex it might be? There's a 50% chance you'll be right! {D

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have never seen an epigastric furrow like that :? , so I can't really venture a guess.

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, I'm hoping female but we'll see what it looks like after a couple of feedings. Maybe I can get a better photo but for now it sure looks like I have a deformed T. :eek:

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dont think it is deformed i have seen tarantulas like that before i think..

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have to go against what the other are saying and go with male. Here is a Picture of my 9"-10" female. Greg

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i alos have a 4in sling of L. parahybana. how does one coax them into being handled? i have never tried to handle any of my T's which are not generally considered handleable. My L.p is about as mellow as my B. albopilosum and they are the same size.

kristin :?

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I couldn't handle my L parahybana like that. It's strike first ask later as far as it's concerned {D

jesses

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bearskin10 said:
I have to go against what the other are saying and go with male. Here is a Picture of my 9"-10" female. Greg
Agreed looks male to me

BBlack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Id thinks it's male. A mixed bag o' guesses then.

I couldn't handle my L parahybana like that. It's strike first ask later as far as it's concerned
Mine's a bit of a nutter when she's in her home but once she's out she's a veritable pussycat. Still you definatley don't wanna get tagged by a big one of these babies. They got some long fangs.. ouch.

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Bearskin10 said:
I agree its a male, my parahybana is about 6 inches and going to molt, probably tonight she already layed down her web mat to molt on, i can handle her as long as shes out of her enclosure otherwise she kicks like crazy. Occasionally trying to charge anything in her cage, Shes a big pussy cat though> :)

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Kristin Cullen said:
i alos have a 4in sling of L. parahybana. how does one coax them into being handled? i have never tried to handle any of my T's which are not generally considered handleable. My L.p is about as mellow as my B. albopilosum and they are the same size.

kristin :?
IMHO, just like one would coax any T to be handled, First off tap it with something (I use my tweezers) just to let it know you are there, second guide it away from its main territory to more neutral grounds and last if its in a good mood either put your hand in front of it and gently push it on your hand or do the pinch pick up. Pretty simple just make sure you are calm, not scared of the T and prepared for what ever may happen. Greg