New Avic.

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I just picked up a new Avic today. The only porb is that it was sold to me as an Avic.avic ($20), but it doesn't look like the one I already have. It has greenish brown coloration with white tipped brownish hairs. I was thinking poss A.hurrania but not sure. I have attached two pics of it. I know its hard to ID from photos but if any one has any idea please feel free to help ID this one.

Thanks

Hairy

Attachments

Mikeymike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
a. hurrania is a good guess..

im thinking a.hurrania also, if so, thats a good deal!

-mike

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Not a avic aivc thats for sure but i cant tell you what it is exactly because they all look alike..lol. im sorry

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
an A. huriana that size cost $75, if it is that a damn good deal!!! i'm still kicking my self for not getting the adult female huriana guy was selling for $55 :(

anyway my guess is u got probly huriana or A. braunshauseni.

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm thinking A. huriana too for the top one the other one looks to me like a definite A metallica

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
G_Wright said:
I'm thinking A. huriana too for the top one the other one looks to me like a definite A metallica
Thats interesting considering its the same spider in both pictures.LOL Ah the wonders of pictures. ;) :)

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
re new avic

The store I got it from also had two A.metalicas ($39.00).This one looks different. I'm glad the owner was out to lunch at the time, cuz I would probably have paid much more since it is deffinatly not an A.avic {D I have to fatten it up. I tried my hardest to sex it but its abdonine is rather small, no tribal hooks as of yet. Even if it turns out to be male, still a great deal, and there is always the 50/50 loaner thing. ok later

Hairy

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

Aviculariinae said:
Thats interesting considering its the same spider in both pictures.LOL Ah the wonders of pictures. ;) :)
makes one think twice of all these photo ID's, doesn't it? =;-)

sorry, couldn't resist!
Martin

PS.: Can anyone ID this? >>click here<< ;P

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
These often used to pass as A.met according to some importers, of course now they have to have white tips and blue iridescence ;) unless of course there iridescence is green see here Green met (close maybe) breeding wise at the end of the day all you can do is match them up to males that looked the same before there final moult (out of the same import if you can) :(

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
FryLock said:
These often used to pass as A.met according to some importers, of course now they have to have white tips and blue iridescence ;) unless of course there iridescence is green see here Green met (close maybe) breeding wise at the end of the day all you can do is match them up to males that looked the same before there final moult (out of the same import if you can) :(
Ah throw in the blue form metallica and it will really confuse people.My personal Belief is that the Blue A Metallica is actually being sold as A Geroldi which i think this species should be discarded.

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
A.met are most lightly the same animal as A.avic but if ppl are selling A.geroldi as A.met that’s bad even tho A.geroldi are almost certainly a variant of A.avic they are still distinct in there appearance from normal A.avic but for all we know ppl are already mixing them with other avic (the males look very alike with all these "forms") :rolleyes: