A. Versicolor earned a name...

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have now aptly dubbed my Avic. Versicolor sling (juvenile?)
The Terminator
due to his recent hatred for crix. You see he toys with them before striking them, and he has killed the last two out of spite he never ate them just killed them and walked away. weird huh?

Gene

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's funny.

I named my little versi "Stitch" of Lilo & Stitch, becasue he runs all over the ceiling of his container and all over my hand like a little spaz. And cause he is "cute & fluffy" and blue. :D

Kismet

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Love the versi babies!

Mine's 'Comet' ...when it arrived and I openned the lid to let it out the crazy thing streaked out of the little container accross the bigger one in flash of sparkly blue...hence the name!

Gotta love these little guys - you'd be hard pushed to find a more beatuiful sling...

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats for sure, but why would he do that? is he annoyed by the crix and maybe ready to moult? this is my first sling/juvie so how often do they moult? i feed him pretty often. but like i said he toys with the crix, then kills em and walks away...

MyNameHere

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's obvious he toys w/the crix like that cuz he's insane. Find out who his crack dealer is and convince the dealer to start giving him something more mellow.

On the moulting...I've had mine since 6.3.4...mine have been moulting roughly every 2 weeks. I give them as many crix as they'll eat, and they eat about one a day. so I'm sure they're growing faster than someone who feeds once a week or whatever (as I've heard some people do). They easily take down crix whose body length is 1/2 of their legspan, but at 1.33" legspan currently (after 2 moults in my care) I try to stick w/crix 1/4" to 1/3".

And yep, they like the runabouts. So far I describe their temperaments as "fast and un-cooperative".