AP "World Gone Wild" episode 5

JDS

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I ran across a show Sunday afternoon on Animal Planet called "World Gone Wild" episode 5 that had Steve Reichling from Memphis Zoo in Belize. He showed a few interesting things like a B. vagans biting him intentionally to show its not harmful (from new world species).

Found this link about his research.
http://www.lamanai.com/tarantulas.html

Did anyone else catch this one?

Last edited:

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I saw it! Although, I have to ad, the T that the man allowed to bite him wasn't a B. vagans, but a "cinnamon tarantula", who's immediate scientific name eludes me(it starts with a "c", though), also called an "antelope spider", for reasons that also elude me! He did show many B. vagans, though, including a lovely female at the start which I would have loved to have taken home with me! I lost my B. vagans in a bad moult not long ago. It was a nice little segment(s)which showed just how "dangerous" T's really are, New World species anyway. I would have been leary of letting them just run all over me, though, NOT out of being afraid, but I'm a little paranoid about one of them falling and getting injured or killed.

pitbulllady

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Although, I have to ad, the T that the man allowed to bite him wasn't a B. vagans, but a "cinnamon tarantula", who's immediate scientific name eludes me(it starts with a "c", though)
Crassicus lamanai.