Look what came home!

Fullstop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Meet "Frantic". Mainly because i'm a Metallica fan, but it's the way arachnids made me feel in my uninformed ways.

I assume the sponge was used to maintain humidity and a small source of water for shipping.

Going into the hide..

Where it still stays..

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice Rosea!

What a pretty G. Rosea you got there! How excited are you? Really good looking T! She/He'll make himself at home in no time, you'll see. How big is she? Have you tried feeding yet?

Your tank looks identical to the one I prepared when I got my first T (also a Rosea named "Socrates" ;) about 4 months ago). In the meantime I added just a few silk plants, just enough for optical pleasure. When I throw a cricket in, I sometimes guide the cricket towards the T so that it won't end up hiding in the silk leaves.

Do you find yourself sitting in front of the tank almost all day watching her? I know I did that (and still do...but in the meantime I've added 3 more to my little collection and love each and every one of them.)

Best of luck with your terrific Rose.

---
Wendy
---

Tarangela

Arachnobaron
Very pretty rosea!!! I love seeing people get so excited over their T's! I hope you enjoy it, and it looks very happy!

:D

leo3375

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice! Your set-up is similar to what I have for my rosie but I added a plastic shrub and a ceramic skull for decoration.

Fullstop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Every since I put'em in there, I've been periodically looking in on'em. I'm facinated. At one point I reached in a couple of times and just petted a leg..I'm still a little bit iffy, but that was a big first step for me. I'm gonna add a couple of silk plants this weekend. Maybe one of my ceramic gargoyles..but I don't wanna cause it any harm.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks great !! congrats on your first spider....I am sure it will take to its new home just fine...give her a day or two to settle in and then start fattening her up...keep the crickets well fed as well..

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Kinda looks like a male in that first pic, but congrats!