ah <edit> someone help me

Sequin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ah someone help me

my B.Smithi just finished getting out of a molt.... it went horrible he started molting on his side, and he couldnt get his legs out on one side,so i had to help him get out of it, once he was out he fell on his back, i got a good look at his limbs and one of his legs are screwed.there is like no skin on the end of it. I helped flipped him over after he was on his bakk for half an hour, i no your not sposed to but i was really gentle. now hes in the death pose and hes wiggling around but keeping his legs underneath him. I have no clue what to do, i cant see his injured leg right now because its underneath him, could someone please help me.

Last edited:

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
For the time being just leave him be...if possible post some pics once he hardens up...best of the luck..

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
For future reference, the best thing to do is nothing at all. I have had several T's molt on their side, and even though they looked like they would not be able to get all their legs out, they eventually managed to do so. After T's molt they usually remain on their backs for some time, and flex their legs.

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
AnimalQueen, any updates on your molting B. Smithi? I've been keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope all turned out well in the end.

---
Wendy
---

Sequin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thank you socrates.... well he is walking around his cage now, but it seems hes having difficulty with it. Now i regret doing anything and i feel terrible but you ono how it is seeing your baby going through a weird molt and then you like freak out.... every time one of my T's molt its more stressful to me then it is for them lol... Ill keep you up dated....