Some Pics taken during rehousing

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I got away from the lab early today and spent the afternoon rehousing spiders. Here's some pics I took that turned out OK.

Chilobrachys fimbriatus

Bonnetina cyaneifemur

Here's a pair of "now & then" pics of my Lasiodora difficilis male.

Here he is September 19, 2003

And here he his now, 10 months later, as a sub-adult ~5"

~4.5" female Poecilotheria rufilata. You can see the blue ventral bands on her shed skin.

Lastly is a pic one of my Oligoxystre auratum slings. It is a terrestrial from Brazil. The WSC only list 3 species in the genus, but anyone interested in learning more about this genus, there is a good revision available for free by Clicking HERE and choosing the appropriate PDF. The authors report 7 species within the monophyletc Oligoxystre .

Last edited:

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
you've got some great lookin' T's. I really like your pokey and your C fimbriatus

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Like them all

I can NEVER get enough pictures, and boy they are all sure gorgous! Some of them I have to look up because I've never heard of <insert red, shameful face :eek: >

Beautiful Ts...and thanks for sharing.

---
Wendy
---

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Very nice, I especially like the P. rufilata. Mine just shed on sunday, I am almost positive it is a male, kind of mangled the molt.
Mike

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
...the rehousing continued today... a couple more pics.

A juvenile Poecilotheria formosa.

A juvenile Avicularia metallica.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
...i've been busy... a couple more pics of a ~3" female Cyriopagopus schioedtei. Just set her up in a big arboreal habitat with lots of peat and moss to build with too. Didn't know what sex I had until I dug this spider up today and saw the colors... wish more T's were sexually dimorphic at such a young age.