Still wet, fresh out molt for A. geniculata

Darke FireStorm

Arachnopeon
i was able to get the shed about 30 secs after it was kicked off, soaking wet i was able to move it into shape and there you have it :D the shed is about 3in long end to end and so perfect the gut lining is still standing in tact there :} this is only my 6th shed ever (2nd from this genic) and none have looked like this by the time i was able to get them :? BTW the cam is only an old 1.2MP too, seems you can get good pix with a "small" cam if you have enough light :cool:

CIRE

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How about some pics of your freshly molted T as well!!!! :}

Darke FireStorm

Arachnopeon
yes i know i want to see too but its crammed way back in the flower pot just a mass of legs ATM hurry up little santana, time to debut already hehe

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice molt, you got lucky you caught it in time, Good luck getting pics of the T.

NYbirdEater

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cool pics. I wish my spiders molted that clean. I actually grabbed the molt from my L parahybana minutes after it pulled out and still the abdomen was all twisted, and moistening it didn;t help either. Hopefully the "guaranteed female" I bought will be just that. The only clean molt I had was from a large rosehair 2 weeks after I got her although she did manage to lose a leg in the process. Maybe someone can shed some light on why the abdominal portion of the exoskeleton tends to get twisted or not. Obviously from the spiders movement, but since they seem to come up and out of their molts, and I haven't witnessed the twisting first hand, I don;t knwo why it would consistantly happen with different species, even my little T blondi who molted so quick I missed almost the entire thing. My P cambridgei's molt wasn;t twisted but when he dumped it out of his funnel web for me to retrieve it, it was already crispy dry and resembled a jelly fish :D

BTW the closeup of your females "privates" look like a smiley face {D

Last edited:

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Most likely N.coloratovillosus (the markings are wrong for A.geniculata) but seeing the carapace and/or a macro of the spermathecae would let someone who has N.c be able to tell you better.

Darke FireStorm

Arachnopeon
yes and i can now see it too

:?
wonder why it took this long to figure out?
when you really look at them, its easy to tell
i got this gal at the FIRS show in Tampa last March
it was sold to me by a reptile dealer as a genic then, i turned right around and took the chance to have todd gearheart look at it even though it wasn't one of his and he sexed it as a gal 2 molts ago, good job there, but still he never corrected my calling it a genic :confused: then a day or 2 later was when i posted pix of her on here and noone said ne thing then either about it being a nhandu coloratovillosus, looking at the first knee being white rather than black with white pin stripes and then the light colored chelicerae rather than dark, plus all the "white" colors are rather off-white to tan. its kind of DUH! at this point :eek: but yeah i didn't even know of ne other black and white so similar, even having the little red hairs on the abdomen and didn't think to look after all the seeming confirmation weird eh? :? thanks though i like to know what i have, is there a good vitals page on nhandu coloratovillosus somewhere? i feel i have a new spider today no wonder she never came when i called her "genic", me thinks i offended her {D

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Nhandu coloratovillosus afaik have a few colour morphs too, you have too go on the marking's and the long hairs that Nhandu have on the carapace, same with N.carapoensis they have the long carapace hair that A.altmanni lacks but they both look very much alike (iv also read carapoensis males dont have spurs??).

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
great pic of N.carapoensis at Kellys site N.cara A.altmanni here A.alt see the hair same thing with N.colo and A.genic.

Darke FireStorm

Arachnopeon
she has come out at last

ok have a look here
she's playing along well for the pic
hope that this is showing more seeing the actual spider
and carapace :) this is not quite 24hrs after molt

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
N.coloratovillosus was 99% now its 99.9% ;) see tho's cool hairs on the carapace too.

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've seen quite a few Nhandu coloratovillosus being sold as Acanthoscurria geniculata lately...

Later,

Jake

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh and by the way...I have a male that should mature within the next 2 to 3 molts if you're interested in doing a breeding loan...especially since I'm conveniently in town already ;)

Let me know,

Jake