Wierd Discoloration on Red Knee's rump

Randomosity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, there's a growing patch of discoloration on my Red Knee (B. Smithii)'s ass.

It's the color of human skin (caucasians that is)...and has been steadily growing.

Her abdomen has also been growing.

I'm almost positive it's a she.

Her appetite is healthy, though she sometimes likes me to herd the cricket to her (she won't go near it until it starts coming near her...then she nails it)

It's been around 70 degrees, though sometimes a bit lower due to meddling from the grandmother and mother turning on fans in my room (I'm at home for the summer)

The G. Rosea is showing no signs of odd behavior...just acting like a pet rock, eating every so often.

Both water dishes are kept full.

Substrate is a mix of Peat Moss and Potting Soil (with added phosphorus...only type they have..nobody in the area carries vermiculite) but the Rosey is showing none of the same signs, so I don't think it's the substrate.

There was a wet patch of substrate at the edge of the terrarium though, about the size of a thumbnail...a good 6 inches away from the water dish.

She's been climbing too, and having the occasional fall...there's about 5-6" between the substrate (at it's lowest) and the top...and sometimes she's fallen on her hideaway (a type of ceramic...I think it's ceramic...log with 3 enterances made to look like a moss/muschroom covered log)

I'm just worried right now. She's definately my favorite (not to mention my most expensive)...as she's much more active than the pet rock in the critter keeper (which also has a much meaner disposition than the B. smithii)

Any thoughts? Is it serious? :(

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Could it be possible that she is kicking her hairs, she is a new world T.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, I'd say it's a bald spot. When it turns black you'll know it's going to molt. Then it will have a full abdomen of hair again, at least until it kicks some more hairs. This is all fairly normal.