Separated!

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well it took a few nights, but I finally finished seperated all my Avicularia avicularia spiderlings. Total count 113 which seems large for a spider as young as my female. She's only 1 year and 9 months old and was bred at 1 year 4 months. It does seem that they can be bred at an earlier age then orginally thought.
I'd be curious to hear from people who have bred avics to find out if 113 is large or just average.
Thanks!
Ralph

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hiya thats about an avarage clutch for an Avic sp I have bred avic's at 3 inch just over juvenile so it just goes to show sexual maturity and actual m,aturity dont go hand in hand.

MilkmanWes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does spider age affect clutch size? It does with some mammals that do litter births, but what about spiders?

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
:eek: that's a young mom indeed! What's her size? & what's the age/size of the father?

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Johnson,
The female is about 4" - 4.5". The male I believe was actually older and equal in size, although I can't say for sure how old as I got him from a PetShop that had him for quite a while.
Ralph

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
Thanks for the info. Since I'm gona breed mine soon, that'll be good reference.

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
JohnxII said:
:eek: that's a young mom indeed! What's her size? & what's the age/size of the father?
the father was a fully mature male about 12 months if I can remember right the female age wise I couldent tell you but she was only 3 inch so id say roughly 6/7 months old?

Does spider age affect clutch size? It does with some mammals that do litter births, but what about spiders?
it seems that way with Avics the sub female had a clutch of around 60 eggs rather than the normal 100/150 what I also noticed was that the spiderlings were very small.