Audrey is acting strange after her molt...

scaramanga

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Audrey, my presumed female A.genic came out of her molt a few days ago but has spent most of her time hunched up in her coconut hide. I keep offering her food daily to see if she is ready yet but she just cowers in a corner... She also was on top of her coconut today but she was almost hanging off the edge... looked like her was half dead :( However, i touched her gently with a small paint brush and she seemed fine. She is now about 3" how long does it usually take for Ts this size to get back into eating habits?

Attachments

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
mabe she hasn't hardened yet, try waiting a few more days before feeding her. Nothing really appears to be wrong with her, shes not doing a death curl, I wouldn't worry about it yet!

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My genic is weird with food, probably a little bit bigger than yours. It used to take anything I'd try to feed it - now it will only touch crickets. Try giving it different types of food?

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Genic acted exactly like that after "his" last molt. I was beginning to worry as well, especially since he didn't really fatten up before the molt, so afterwards he looked especially scrawny. Each time I attempted to feed him and he wanted nothing to do with it, I removed the cricket, until I finally decided to just leave the cricket in there with him. Sure enough, by the next morning he was happily munching away.

Your Geniculata looks quite beautiful, and well nourished ;) so try not to worry too much.

---
Wendy
---