i've got bondi problems...can someone help.

samhain

Arachnopeon
I had gotten a goliath birdeater last month,and it was doing fine eating like a horse,then stopped,so expecting a molt i watched and waited.a couple of other t's i had molted,showing singns after my blondi did,i have been misting every day but not too heavy due to mite problems i have had with my salmon pink and giant white knee.i just now noticed a little tear in skin on the side of his abdomen.looks like the outer layer,like the skin has burst to expose skin underneath.none of my t,s have had this problem i just wanted to know if any one has had this happen and if he is going to be alright.if anyone can give me some info it would greatly be appreciated.thank you.

morda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hmm - this looks like some moult problems. What humidity and temp?

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just had a problem with one of my juvinile blondi's having a bad moult and emerged with a big lump on it's abdomen. it too now looks white and has no hair on it.

I have proded it ad the lump semas pretty hard now so I expect that it is some kind of internal scaring from a bad moult and hopefully she should losses it over the next few moult providing no other problems arise.

She has started eating again and the lump is starting to fill out abit now thats she is fattening up.

Here are some pics of mine.

Just incase what has happend to mine is whats happened to yours

samhain

Arachnopeon
the temp is in the 80's along with everyday misting , and living in missouri,its so humid here you almost dont have to do anything.

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I can't say for certain on the tear, but if you just got it last month and it's stopped eating, I would'nt be concerned yet. A couple of my T. blondi's will stop eating 2 months plus, prior to a molt. They're so much bigger and the whole process just seems to take longer. I also have a B. smithi that's on it's 7th week of this behaviour. I'm in Oklahoma, so I know the humidity where you are is fine. Don't overmist. I'm only lightly misting once a month.
Hope this helps.

samhain

Arachnopeon
it looks a though he has split his outer layer of skin, its about1/8 of an inch by a 1/2. looks like new skin underneath its real moist.its a small T,only a two incher.i hope this wont cause him any problems with his molt.thanks for the help.

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Maybe he is molting? I mean there skin does split when they molt. :p Maybe he decided not to flip upside down which my Curly Hair has molted right side up. Heres hoping you're blondi molts successfuly! :)

samhain

Arachnopeon
well i have had some strange molts ,my zebra molted in his water dish full of water ,and i have had another one molt right side up.but he still moves around and this has probably been going on for a couple of weeks .he is almost always hanging over his water dish,so i have been filling it twice a day and misting him real good everyday.well i hope he does alright,i have already got a nice 30 gallon set up waiting for him,but expecting bad i have been looking for another sling.but nothing reasonbly priced.mabey i will save it for my salmon pink baby.

samhain

Arachnopeon
ah good deal! he molted and seems fine.just a little dry where where the rip was but ok .not much bigger though.i am relived i have never seen one split down the abdomen before a molt like that.