spray for fleas? help me on this one.

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My girlfriend has 3 cats downstairs in our finished basement. she is thinking she is having a problem with the fleas. She has a product from the vet called zodiac. apparently its pretty strong cause she could only get this from a vet. now i have my T's in what is a converted attic. the attic is fully finished as well and has some good ventilation, my fans are always on because it gets warm up here. will the spray (not a bomb) possibly affect my T's all the way up here?

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It is a possibility. I'm not sure though, I am sure there are other people who can better answer you though. :)

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Are you spraying the whole house or just the cat. If you are spraying the whole house there is a good chance that it could affect them, if your just spraying the cat and it has no access to the attic it shoud be ok.

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it is a "carpet application". seems to me its like one of those things you sprayt on the carpet and vaccum up later.
it contains...

(s)-methoprene .085%
permethrin .350%
phenothrin .300%
N-octyl bicyclophetene diacarbomoxcide 2.000%
piperonyl butoxide (buttoxide? wtf? LOL) 1.400 %

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just to be sure that it wouldn't hurt my Ts I would probably move them to a friends place for a couple of weeks, but thats just me

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well i contacted the company that makes the stuff. they have actually had a call like mine before! they said because of the distance there would be no issue...the lady i talked to also said that for x-tra protection i should open any windows for better ventilation. this product is designed to break down the protective coating of flea eggs. therefore killing the eggs before they hatch, all it really can do to fleas is make them very sick so they cannot reproduce.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
what that company's rep. suggested has been my experience with spot flea control with a spray can. I can spray one room with no tarantulas and it doesn't effect them in the other room. because i live in a one story house which is relatively small, the fleas will reign until i can stash them somewhere else and bring in the big guns. :)

-Lonnie