T life span

JJJoshua

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does anyone know what T can potentially live the longest? Or how old the oldest tarantula ever recorded was? I've only been into tarantulas for about 10 years now, so I haven't been around long enough to have any die from old age. What was your guys oldest T?

-Joshua

Lochala

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The oldest was a female b. emilia and she was at least 30 years old when she died. :cool:

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my t is about 2 years old
How useless isn't this piece of information?

Anyway, it's as impossible to establish a max age on T's as it is on humans. We go from early sickly deaths to amazing 120 years of age. T's can probably vary as much. Brachys are said to get older than 15 years and rumor says they can exceed 25 years too. Lochala here even suggests older than 30. That's how far I'm going to stretch this.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The oldest was a female b. emilia and she was at least 30 years old when she died. :cool:
There are people who claim to have G. rosea that they got as wild-caught adults back in the 70s or 80s or whenever, and are still alive and well today.

Tarantulas are cool. :cool:

Brianhogs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
For all I know, my T couldv'e been groovin with Led Zeppelin or Tom Petty

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Depending on species, females' life span can vary from 6 to 25 years... The oldest T I have is about 5 years old.

The oldest one I heard of was a B. smithi which lives in captivitiy for almost 40 years (don't know if she is still amongst us).

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So far the longest living one I have is my L. Parahybana which is 11 years old now. I plan on breeding her one last time.

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As much a our own experience may be pointless, I had a B. Smithi for over 13 yrs. A G. Rosea 9+ and 7+. I have Aphonopelma that was full grown when given to me and I've had for at least a decade.