Avics

Vampire

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a 3" pink toe that was sold to me as an Acic Avic.....the adults I've seen appear to be all black.....Mine has an irridescent green/blue color on it's carapace and the underside of its legs...her abdomen is reddish.....I've tried to get a good pic of her but, it's really hard to see the colors.....I'm wondering now if she's a versicolor or Purpura? Does anyone have an A Avic that has coloring like this? She's very shy and has built a very elaborate funnel type web high up in her enclosure....Just want to know......thanks in advance for any info!

Last edited:

Vampire

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sort of

Yes, she kinda looks like that.....is that right after a molt?
So, what kind is yours?

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm sorry for not posting what species, I appear to be even dumber today than usual. :eek:

This is an Avic Avic, and I have NO clue when she molted last. I purchased her from a local pet shop a little over 3 weeks ago and she looked JUST like that already, only thinner. :D

Hope this helped you a bit.

---
Wendy
---

Vampire

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks

Thanks.....that is what I thought.....just needed a second opinion!

Vampire

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmmm

Have I got this right? A Purpura do not have "pink toes"? This one of mine definately does. I can't bring her out to get a good pic......she hides in her web.....little stinker:)

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hiya purpurea has pale cream-pink tarsal tufts but they are not as obvious as other sp in the genus
hope this helps