Thank you sir may I have another!

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I thought this was a cute pic. My G. aureostriata molted on Tuesday, and it has a voracious appetite after it does. It's only a little over an inch. I tossed in five small crickets last nite and it goes nuts pouncing on them. Then it'll hold as many as it can and start that spinning around dance which is pretty funny to watch. Before I could get the camera focused, it dropped the third one that's under it, two others are pushed to the rear.

Attachments

Last edited:

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What a hungry little beast! Very cute, thanks for sharing. I've never tried offering a T more than one criccket at a time, I never imagined this would happen. :}

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
Very cute indeed. Their pre-molt fasting isn't too long either, for a Grammostola. This should be its first dark suit right? You can just about make out the stripes on the knees...

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Greedy little T's

A couple of mine eat like that. My A. versicolor is the worst though. It will grab as many as it possibly can, stretching over them until it can't keep them all and some start to roll away. I've seen this little dime sized T trying to hold 5 crix. It's a real juggling act!

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
ShaunHolder said:
What a hungry little beast! Very cute, thanks for sharing. I've never tried offering a T more than one criccket at a time, I never imagined this would happen. :}
Oh... I think the record here is just a little under 20 at a time! :eek:

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
JohnxII said:
Very cute indeed. Their pre-molt fasting isn't too long either, for a Grammostola. This should be its first dark suit right? You can just about make out the stripes on the knees...
Exactly...up until this molt, it had it's baby skin. And you're right, you can just barely make out the striping pattern on the knees. I did'nt know if the pre-molt fasting was typical, I only have two of the species, but they both only shut down on feeding just right before they shed.

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wayne, you had A LOT of molts last week, didn't you? What a pretty little girl there! I won't say "guy" because...well...you know...with your luck this one's a girly as well. ;)

---
Wendy
---

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Socrates said:
Wayne, you had A LOT of molts last week, didn't you? What a pretty little girl there! I won't say "guy" because...well...you know...with your luck this one's a girly as well. ;)

---
Wendy
---
{D LOL {D My luck is bound to change with 9 juvies in the wings! No way I could bat 1000 with them! And I've got a P. regalis fixin' to molt as we speak!

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WayneT said:
{D LOL {D My luck is bound to change with 9 juvies in the wings! No way I could bat 1000 with them! And I've got a P. regalis fixin' to molt as we speak!
Oh yeah, and how much do you want to bet that your molting P. Regalis will be a girl as well???? :D (What did you name HER so far?)

The girls seem to be drawn to you, what can I say? :}

---
Wendy
---

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Socrates said:
Oh yeah, and how much do you want to bet that your molting P. Regalis will be a girl as well???? :D (What did you name HER so far?)

The girls seem to be drawn to you, what can I say? :}

---
Wendy
---
For the time being, it's Trish...

And like I said on another thread...I may be lucky with girls of the T variety...but the human ones? Nuh huh!!! {D {D {D