Ruben Olsen

Arachnopeon
Hi

Here is my Nhandu Species.

Nhandu Carapoensis

Nhandu Chromatus

Nhandu Coloratovillosus

Nhandu Vulpinus

Have no idea of what Nhandu Chromatus is doing in the Nhandu genus. It don´t have thoese long hair on carapace or long hair anywhere else. And the other Nhandu species are nervous and flick a lot's of hair. Nhandu Chromatus is aggresive. I know you connot descripe and all that by looking at the spider, but I think it's totally misplased :? But I hope the guy's who put in to the Nhandu genus, know what they are doing :)

Cheers
RUben Olsen
Denmark

grammostola1953

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I havn't quite made up my mind re: change to N. chromatus, but my male was skittish & spent most of his life with a bald butt... :rolleyes:

Zibi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice T's I have only N.coloratovillosus about 1/2" N.chromatus have nice carapax :)

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Ruben id say your right based on what iv read here, Dr Schmidt placed it into Nhandu when he described it I think im right in saying because it shared the most with that genus then any other related genera iv not seen the paper but from the info that has been posted here Dr Schmidt may have shoehorned it a bit in order to name it ;P, I believe Martin has said someone else was working on it before Dr Schmidt named it, so it may get revised at sometime in the future (or if someone else finds a relative too chromatus and erects a new genus for it)