Ready to molt?

Randomosity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, my Red Knee's abdomen has gone from tan to black today.

Is it getting ready to molt?

She is'nt eating either, which I know is a sign of an impending molt.

One problem is that I have to move again in about 2 weeks, and I'm afraid to move a pre-molt or freshly molted T

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yep, the abdomen turning black is a sure sign of impending moult, and coupled with the lack of eating I'd guess she will moult within a week or so. Hopefully, she will go ahead and complete her moult and harden before you have to move, otherwise you might wish to find a friend to keep her until she does, if it is feasable for you to pick her up after you move. I would share your concerns, too, if I was in your position. Where are you moving, if I'm not being too nosey?

pitbulllady

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If its just a sling it should molt and recover before 2 weeks. Anyhow I probably wouldn't worry about it, I've herd of Ts succesfully molting in deli cups.

Randomosity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She's definately not a sling...she's about 4" now...second molt since I've had her...and her first (since I had her) was in June :p

Moving back to Milledgeville, GA since college starts up again on the 18th

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
he/she should be fine. just dont shake up the container and keep it moist for molting purposes. she/he may take longer then 2 weeks to molt.

pokiecollector

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
B.Smithi molting

yep ! she's defiently fixing to molt the dark abdomen and not eating is a good sign and sometimes with bigger t's it could take longer cause there bigger and don't molt as much when they get bigger, so give it a little longer 2 weeks isn't really long enough, my greenbottle blue spiderling took almost that long to molt after it stopped eating.

jeff