need mite help

armstrong82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what should i do if there are mites on my T. Blondi whom doesn't really like to be touched with anything like q-tips and such

Pedro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i don't know why u can't do a search but u should use Hypoaspis predatory mites.

Last edited:

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mites to control mites? that scares me, how does it work?

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pedro said:
i don't know why u can do a search but u should use Hypoaspis predatory mites.
i have never heard of this. these mites don't do any harm to the spiders do they. and what do you do with them when the other mites are gone?

scorpman

Arachnopeon
check out mega-mites.com they have mites that kill mites . I dont know if it help but it maybe worth a try

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Problem with predatory mites is that you have to keep buying them every time you have an infestation of parasitic mites. Unless you get them so often that the predators don't have time to die off. Might just wanna try an enclosure with better ventilation that still lets you keep the humidity up and be extra careful about removing prey remains. Definitely change substrate.

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
childsman said it correctly...thats pretty uch what i was thinking when i typed my last post. but if the predator mites die off then wont more mites come to eat the leftovers of the preadator mites?

Pedro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if u are worried about the preadator mite leftovers just put some pill bugs in there to eat the left overs.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and the list keeps going. do the pill bugs do any harm to the spiders? and how do you get read of them?

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
so if i have mites, i need to get preadator mites? then to control the preadator mites i need pill bugs...what do i need to control pill bugs? anoles? then the anoles will make the spider angry and then he will eat the anoles :? {D :} .. problem solved?

Pedro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sow bugs/Pill bugs are harmless they don't bother anything u can leave them in the tank and they will prevent any more mites. they do this by eating leftovers.

im surprized none of u have heard of predatory mites!

Phaedrus has a great sugestion, predatory mites are a last resort.

Last edited:

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pedro said:
Sow bugs/Pill bugs are harmless they don't bother anything u can leave them in the tank and they will prevent any more mites. they do this by eating leftovers.

im surprized none of u have heard of predatory mites!

Phaedrus has a great sugestion, predatory mites are a last resort.
i just did a search on yahoo pics and now i know what you mean. i never knew what they were called untill now, here in newfoundland we call them "wood carpenders"or" wood lice".